Ruger P345 - Question; First gun owner, needs help!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger P345 - Question; First gun owner, needs help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger P345 - Question; First gun owner, needs help!

My Ruger P345 is acting funny. The gun keeps locking in place, approximately 1/3 back. I don't have the faintest idea why it's doing this, or whats causing it to lock?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have attached pictures, hopefully one of you seen this before. Thank you, sorry to bug, being my first gun, I wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly, and most importantly safely.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #2

When the slide gets stuck. The slide will not move forward. I have to pull it all the way back, and release.

-Gun is unloaded
-Happens with, and without the magazine.

This started happening after I shot my gun at the range

also, the barrel appears to be grinding against the slider. I took a quick picture, sorry about the quality.

Is this normal?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome to FTF, swing by the new members page and introduce yourself.
As for you issue is this happening while shooting or while you are working the slide? The pictures would be more helpful if they were from the ejector side (the oposite side of the pistol than in your pictures). It might seem like an odd question but you do know that most semi auto's are designed to lock in the open position when the mag is empty?

After you swing by the new members into page, provide a bit more information. What are you doing with the pistol when the slide lock open (shooting, working the action or?). How many rounds have you fired through the pistol. How often do you clean the pistol. There is a wealth of information here and lots of good people to help you enjoy your firearm.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #4

Thats pretty strange. Mine hasn't shown any signs of doing that. Obviously you can take the gun apart. Can you see anything binding? Is the gun brand new? If it is (even if it isn't), don't be afraid to call Ruger, they have amazing customer service.

When you let the slide forward, does it seems like its getting caught on that part of the barrel? If it is getting caught up on the barrel, a little sand paper to smooth it out and no more problem

Old 12-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Push the little lever down, inside the slide that prevents the pistol from firing when the magazine is out. Re-assemble and the problem will go away.