Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > ruger makrk iii hunter series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 779 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 159

jiro,

What are you looking for in a firearm? Ruger hunter makes a lousy carry weapon, questionable self defense weapon, but a GREAT plinking and/or hole punching gun. Don't judge a gun strictly by a rental experience.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #12

This gun is strictly going to be used for plinking and learning marksmanship. Not for SD as the price for 22 ammo is dirt cheap and i can go and learn the proper shooting mechanics on something that isnt a beast. Once i am much more comfortable handling firearms and shooting i will be upgrading to a higher caliber firearm aimed for self defense and concealed carry.

I just want to know what im doing before i start toting around something as dangerous as a firearm on a daily basis.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6761 Times on 4085 Posts
Likes Given: 8090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejiro View Post
This gun is strictly going to be used for plinking and learning marksmanship. Not for SD as the price for 22 ammo is dirt cheap and i can go and learn the proper shooting mechanics on something that isnt a beast. Once i am much more comfortable handling firearms and shooting i will be upgrading to a higher caliber firearm aimed for self defense and concealed carry.

I just want to know what im doing before i start toting around something as dangerous as a firearm on a daily basis.
Very good thinking.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20037 Times on 11395 Posts
Likes Given: 50550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejiro View Post

i agree. good thinking on your part. the ruger Mark III is a very good choice and very fun gun to shoot also. let me make a suggestion, check out the Mark III 22/45, the grip and angle mimic the 1911 45 pistol. heres mine.
ruger-mark-iii-22-pistol-002.jpg   ruger-mark-iii-22-pistol-003.jpg  

Old 12-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #15

Very nice i'll deffinately look into the 22/45 series.

Yea i decided to go small because ive never had any le or military training or grew up shooting or handling guns so i figured the best way to go is learn the fundamentals on an easy gun thats cheap to shoot then step up when i feel like im at a comoetency level that i can handle a more powerful gun. Its just a safer route to go and safety is always first in my mind when dealing with guns.

Thanks again all for the great advice on what i was seeing with the ruger.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:27 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 159

GREAT THINKING!

I love the 22/45, actually doing ok in competition with iron sites against the red dot scopes. Looking really hard at the trigger upgrade kit... Apparently buying several firearms in the last few months isn't enough, nor is blinking up almost every gun we own, now I have to start doing internal upgrades, LOL