Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger LCR 357 crimson trace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Ruger LCR 357 crimson trace

Is there a solution for the gun biting your hand with +P or 357 rounds. I really like the gun but its only comfortable shooting low power 38s. I have gloves on order but they are impractical for anything but the range. I shot a TC pistol in 30-30 and that was a piece of cake in comparison. The hogue grips seem to work better but I like a laser. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #2

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Not much you can do with a light weight short barrel LCR in .357. It was never intended to be a range gun, practice with .38's and carry with .357's. Then find something like a SP 101 or GP 100 or S&W 686 for target shooting.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1823 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 557

I would not want to shoot a 357 in a gun lighter than my 25 oz SP101 and I shoot a 21 oz 45 acp.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #4

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The problem with practicing with 38 spl in a 357 is the 38 has completely different point of impact. I would tough it out with 357 rounds until I got the laser set up. You have a great lil carry gun. I agree that gloves are only practical at the range. But in a self defense situation the adrenaline will be flowing and you won't feel a thing.

My deer rifles and shotgun all rattle my fillings in practice. But when I am shooting at a deer I don't feel a thing. A self defense situation will have the same effect on you. If I start flinching I take a break from the big guns and have fun with a 20 gauge or a 22 LR. After three or four light caliber sessions I don't blink when shooting the big guns.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1823 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 557

The light frame revolvers were never meant to shoot a lot of 357 loads. Same thing happened to the K frames. When the police started practicing with 357 mag duty rounds the guns started to come apart. That caused the L frame to be born.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."