Ruger 22/45 MKIII back to the factory
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger 22/45 MKIII back to the factory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 01:59 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 593 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Ruger 22/45 MKIII back to the factory

So after some exhaustive trying (including the removal of the loaded chamber indicator - no joy) my 2 month old 22/45 is going back to Ruger for warranty work.

Since day 1 I have been dealing with the same problem. A casing doesn't eject and jams against the side by the ejector as the next round attempts to load. Jams in there pretty good to.

Ruger is awesome. Took the info by phone, in 10 minutes I had a pre-paid FedEx label and RMA. 2 day shipping and 7 to 10 10 turnaround time. So I can't complain if it comes back working.

Looking forward to shooting more than 1/2 a mag at a time.

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 295 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Well that sucks. Mine's been great...better than great with the GemTech suppressor.

File Type: jpg 20140917_125715.jpg (30.8 KB, 51 views)

Old 10-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #3

Liked 305 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 34

They will make it right BUT why did it take you so long?? I had issues with a regular mkIII on my first day at the range. Tried a several brands of ammo , same problem called cs and talked over the problem and I had already added a 2lb trigger kit. CS guy said don't worry about the trigger group and they would be glad to fix it with the kit in it. . Got a shipping label sent e-mail and gone and back in under 2 weeks. Great now for a few years .

Old 10-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default waiting...

Well, I wanted to try a few things first...ammo, cleaning, break-in, etc. I also didn't know they would make the process so customer friendly.

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 10-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #5

Liked 305 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Oh I tried more than a few things including taking the loaded indicator out of it. After taking to a CS guy he knew what the problem was . Seems to be a standard issue at that time so away it went.

That ruger was one of only 2 firearms I have owned that gave me trouble I could not deal with in 46 years.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Yes they can be "Kranky" sometimes. My MKII 22/45 is just like that with the springs jumping everywhere until you learned what to do with it. Now, it's the only 22 Pistol or Rifle we have that eats every kind of ammo there is, from Subsonics( hoping to get a can by next year) to HVJHP's to Mini mags to winchester Super X's and Federal Champion, Am. Eagle, and Auto-Match..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Wow...talk about quick turn

Sent last Monday (last week), it arrives back today. The real thing will be is it FIXED.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default So what did Ruger do ?

Items replaced: Disconnector, extractor, magazine disconnect, magazine disconnector spring, 1 - 10 round magazine that binds

Items repaired - Barrel/Receiver assembly, ejector rivet, grip frame

So quite a bit of work for a relatively brand new gun that never fired without jamming...sheesh..

They fired 40 rounds of Aguila ammo through it no issue. I want to see 100 rounds go through at least. We will see.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:39 AM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Glad that Ruger is taking care of you. I have a 22/45 and it's pretty nice. Hopefully it all works out when you get it back.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Ruger FAIL

Well, took it out to the range today. First mag of 10 rounds - no issue. Every mag after that - stovepipes. UGGG. I tried 3 types of GOOD decent ammo. Copper nose, lead nose and accurate target ammo. No joy on any.

so called Ruger for another return. At first they tried to give me the run around. Maybe it was my ammo. No - I tried 3 different, same results. Did I clean the gun ? No, I shot it as it was returned to me ready to go (they noted they didn't like my Frog Lube so they cleaned and lubed). There would be no reason for me to clean the gun since it was just returned to me in spec for them.

If this thing ONLY shoots Aquila ammo, I am going to be PISSED. That's what they tested with. I just want it working so I can unload this lemon.