Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Rossi Ranch Hand/Mares Leg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rossi Ranch Hand/Mares Leg

I just picked up the new Rossi Ranch Hand "pistol" in .44mag. It is a very fun gun to shoot. I have to warn anyone considering this gun though, it jumps like crazy when you fire. The first round caught surprised me when it rear back. After that I was putting rounds on target though. It has the potential of being a very accurate gun once I get used to it, right now I will attribute the poor shot pattern to human error. I had never shot a .44mag before and wasn't fully expecting that much power. I would love to see how this gun handles in .357/.38 caliber.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #2

Likes Given: 2

Nothing wrong with the .44 mag
I have liked the idea of the Rossi since I first saw the pic's, Maybe some day I will pick one up.
Best of luck with your new boom stick

Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #3

Thanks. It's a great gun. I am glad I got it in .44mag. I wanted the power as a trail/camping gun. All my shots were unsupported so my pattern was a bit erratic. I think with more practice and getting used to the feel, this is going to be a great gun for me. The idea of a short rifle as a pistol is really cool, I have to give Rossi props for that. I think a second one in .357/.38 might be in order for a slightly less expensive shoot.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've been thinking about one of these for some time now, Thanks for the post!

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #5

Got one in 45 colt.Like the idea of being to load up or down power wise and not having to worry about 38 feeding problems.
In Canada these are classified as a rifle and therefore no restrictions.
Much fun and packs well.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
I've been thinking about one of these for some time now, Thanks for the post!
My local gun shop has one in both the .44 mag and the .38/.357. I have been considering one for the added barrel length for distance target accuracy in a longer barreled "pistol" and I thought Steve Mcqueen's was cool in "Wanted Dead or Alive"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 08-10-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #7

try pushing with the right hand and pulling with the left. full bore 44's do have more muzzle flip!