Rossi Ranch Hand - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Rossi Ranch Hand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a Rossi Ranch Hand in .45 Colt. I haven't fired it yet. One problem I have noticed, however, is the ramp/door where you feed in the cartridges. If you load in a cartridge (on mine), the base of the cartridge hangs up on the edge of the door. So if you cock the lever, the cartridge does not get loaded. I have to stick my finger into the door to dislodge the cartidge. Then it will load when cycled. Sorry if my terminology is wrong. I do like the gun otherwise. To me, this is not a real problem because I view the gun as a novelty/fun item.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisarsenic
To me, this is not a real problem because I view the gun as a novelty/fun item.
And that's exactly how one would have to approach this. Defensively speaking is has no tactical advantage. Rifle look with handgun range and caliber. So short range use a handgun would suit better for maneuverability and in long range a rifle would suit better. Even defense against animals up close I'd say a shotgun would be the more suitable firearm for fire power. If you were facing down a bear the handgun calibers are less likely to be of use than a slug. Though type of bear varies and black is much smaller than brown.

Still cool though, nothing can take that from it.