Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Rossi Ranch Hand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Rossi Ranch Hand

I have never been a fan of Rossi firearms. But the Ranch Hand has got my interest. I always have 357 ammo on hand. No one I know owns one. Does anyone out there own one?

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've never shot one or know anyone who has one, but I'm the same the always catch my eye and I really want one. If you not a Rossi guy, check out a Henry Mare's Leg. Same concept in a Henry flavor. I like the octagonal barrel better.

http://henryrepeating.com/rifle-mares-leg.cfm

Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #3

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Had a Henry for awhile--Most useless firearm i've ever owned
Yes- it looks cool-----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5199 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 4421

Just MHO, but I wouldn't have a Rossi or Charter as a gift.

Golda Meier.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #5

I would like to have a gun my niece can use for hunting. She isn't going to shoot a shotgun or climb a tree to be legal with a rifle. She might grow out of that if I can get her to shoot a round of skeet. She has no hesitation to pop a squirrel or a rabbit with a 22. She is just going to have to get her big girl pants on to go deer hunting.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Had a Henry for awhile--Most useless firearm i've ever owned
Yes- it looks cool-----
Man that sucks so bad. I love the look of Henry rifles. What kind of issues were you having?

Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #7

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouBore View Post
Man that sucks so bad. I love the look of Henry rifles. What kind of issues were you having?
No issues with the gun at all- It's just useless --To big for a handgun (its classified as one tho) - To short for rifle range shots- Its basicly a exspensive cute toy, fun to shoot once in awhile but that wears out fast--
And that stoopid John Wayne lever don't help none

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 11-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #8

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

I like it! Does seem pointless, but who cares, it'd still be fun!!!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I thought you meant it was problematic. I'm back on track I still want one! HAHA Gotta get new toys

Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #10

It appears that 16" is the minimum that one can use for a sight plane. No matter how the stock is configured. I tried a charger today to see how the ranch hand might play out. It has a range of about 35 or 40 yards. I don't think the ranch hand will be much better. The charger had a wire stock to set it in that was more substantial than the Ranch hand.

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-01-2012 at 09:27 PM.