Röhm RG 800

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Röhm RG 800

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Röhm RG 800

So, I came into possession of a pretty old Röhm RG 800. I got it from a friend in Germany. He claimed it was his father's whilst he was in the German Army. It's been schlagged and the metal's not in very good shape. I am having a lot of difficulty finding any info on his gun online (that's not in Russian, that is). It looks like the current Röhm RG 90 is a very similar model, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any info on this particular gun? I am trying to do a research paper for a German history seminar. Thanks in advance for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you swing by the introductions forum, and write a few lines about yourself, AND post a picture of the creature,... that would help

Most folks around here like to know who they talk to.......

Found this though,...

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Last edited by MB44; 02-26-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

The Röhm RG 800 is a Walther PPk Clone, but fires blanks, is chambered in 8mm K (8 x 20 mm / 8 mm Knall / 8mm. Alarm Pistol / 8 mm Knallpatrone)
Knall it translates as the loud sound made when claping with your hands (like applause), a bang or crack .

BTW, Any army, that I know, issue a blank firing gun to their soldiers.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 02-26-2010 at 11:50 PM.