Rock Island Armory Tactical II 10mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Rock Island Armory Tactical II 10mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts

Default Rock Island Armory Tactical II 10mm

Anyone here have one? Is it reliable? Did you need to make modifications to be happy with it? I'd be willing to pay $630 for one, maximum. Is it worth that, or do you think it'd be a better choice to save a few hundred dollars more and buy a better name?
Input from owners of this gun is appreciated, please no telling me about RIA in general, thank you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

There is one person I can think of who can help you with your decisions.

You.

The price of $630 is okay. Before making any modifications, I recommend a good work out for the gun. Find out what you don't like and see if changes can be made. Should you like it and decide to keep it, consider getting a .40S&W barrel and magazines to increase ammo selection.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1585 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICleanBrassWithJager View Post
Anyone here have one? Is it reliable? Did you need to make modifications to be happy with it? I'd be willing to pay $630 for one, maximum. Is it worth that, or do you think it'd be a better choice to save a few hundred dollars more and buy a better name?
Input from owners of this gun is appreciated, please no telling me about RIA in general, thank you.
For that kind of money you can get a Glock that will shoot good. Not to mention the resale value of a Glock. I have always got close to what I paid for Glock nib used or I traded it for a gun of equal value or more valuable than a Glock. I am not so sure you will be so lucky with an Armscor product.

I just spotted a G20 for $548 and the site has a fourth of july coupon. Check http://www.gunwatcher.com/gun/76A960698DF81A/Glock-20-Gen-4-for-sale

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-21-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
For that kind of money you can get a Glock that will shoot good. Not to mention the resale value of a Glock. I have always got close to what I paid for Glock nib used or I traded it for a gun of equal value or more valuable than a Glock. I am not so sure you will be so lucky with an Armscor product.

I just spotted a G20 for $548 and the site has a fourth of july coupon. Check http://www.gunwatcher.com/gun/76A960698DF81A/Glock-20-Gen-4-for-sale

Let's compare it to something more like a Dan Wesson 10mm, in terms of practicality with it's usage. I'm not really on Glock planet

Old 06-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1585 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICleanBrassWithJager View Post
Let's compare it to something more like a Dan Wesson 10mm, in terms of practicality with it's usage. I'm not really on Glock planet
www.gunwatcher.com will find any kind of gun you want. I am not your secretary.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
www.gunwatcher.com will find any kind of gun you want. I am not your secretary.

I'm not asking for a secretary, just someone else's personal experiences with the pistol. No need to be offended

Old 06-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

The quality of a RIA is not the same as the DW.

RIA has come a long way in the last few years with their quality.
DW uses a lot of Ed Brown parts and upgrades needed are fewer than the RIA.

I like the 10mm in the 1911. The feeding of ammo (IMO) is smoother than the .45ACP. If you want a 10mm on the 1911 platform, you could do worse than RIA.

DW has more experience than RIA with the 10mm, and if I had the money, I would opt for the DW over the RIA.

Look at warranties and CS. Sometimes the costs of upgrades will bring the overall price up to the area of purchasing a semi-custom.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #8

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Or if you like the cz platform buy a witness elit match if you have larger hands. Very nice sa trigger and have to option of shooting all the down to .22lr with just a upper change.
http://www.impactguns.com/eaa-witness-match-10mm-15rd-tt-600650-0741566111495.aspx
For any upgrades wanted
http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.main.html

And they have a hunter version
http://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/witness-hunter/

Old 06-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #9

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Price is high. I sell them cheaper locally. The guns are pretty decent for the price considering the next cheapest 10mm 1911 is going to be around $1000.

FYI, they also just started producing 10mm in a commander size and a full rail commander as well. I've been selling them like crazy.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #10

Liked 245 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I want a long slide 10mm....................maybe one day.