Robar np3?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Robar np3?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default Robar np3?

Anyone have the np3 or np3 plus on one of their firearms? Info and pics would be awsome! Looking to do my xdm barrel a guide rod. Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I've used Robar for the coatings on three handguns to date, two of which I sold to other members here.

Hands down the best coating out there in my opinion. The stuff goes one micro thin so it doesn't affect function, but the NP3 Plus especially is basically impervious to anything you would be doing with your weapon short of throwing it in a rock crusher.

I'm at work, but I can take a couple of pictures of my latest project tonight when I get home.

If the choice was Robar or anything else, I would chose Robar hands down. It is definitely as good or better than advertised.

JD

Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Looking forward to the pics. Looking at coating a couple of guns in the near future.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
I've used Robar for the coatings on three handguns to date, two of which I sold to other members here.

Hands down the best coating out there in my opinion. The stuff goes one micro thin so it doesn't affect function, but the NP3 Plus especially is basically impervious to anything you would be doing with your weapon short of throwing it in a rock crusher.

I'm at work, but I can take a couple of pictures of my latest project tonight when I get home.

If the choice was Robar or anything else, I would chose Robar hands down. It is definitely as good or better than advertised.

JD
Awsome man good to hear! I know my first choice was a good one haha! Cant wait for pics man thanks!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #5

Here is my GRP post Robar NP3 Plus treatment. This pistol was originally blued, but I wanted to do something a little different and went with the brushed satin look of the NP3 Plus

I'll be honest and tell you fitting the plunger and barrel bushing is a little tight, but not enough that you can't do it with your bare hands. After about a dozen range trips and cleanings it's gotten a bit easier on reassembly.

This pistol has seen the in and out of a leather holster probably 100 times and the inside of a kydex holster probably 20-30 times since it has been back. As you can see, there are no real indicators of any holster wear or leather rubbing on the coating. It still looks brand new and clean up after the range is a piece of cake!

I definitely recommend the Robar coatings. I have done two pistols with the Roguard and NP3 internals and this one with the entire pistol coated in NP3 Plus. All these weapons are in constant daily carry / rotation and I haven't had any reports of malfunction of finish wear.

JD

img_0001.jpg   img_0002.jpg   img_0003.jpg   img_0004.jpg   img_0005.jpg  

Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #6

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Looks awesome. I may have to look into that over duracoat.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Looks awesome. I may have to look into that over duracoat.
I don't think there is any comparison once you get past the price tag of the Robar treatment.

I've had weapons blued, a couple of spray on - baked on coatings and "Diamond Coat" courtesy of Nighthawk themselves on my ACC purchase.

I put the Robar RoGuard above them all and the NP3 is even tougher and more wear resistant than the RoGuard. The benefit of the RoGuard is you can get it in black while the NP3 coatings all have a satin / brushed silver look to them.

Watch the monthly special, sometimes you can get a real screaming deal on a 2 for 1 or free shipping.

Definitely a 5 bank recommendation from JD

JD

Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #8

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Good deal many thanks.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

I don't think there is any comparison once you get past the price tag of the Robar treatment.

I've had weapons blued, a couple of spray on - baked on coatings and "Diamond Coat" courtesy of Nighthawk themselves on my ACC purchase.

I put the Robar RoGuard above them all and the NP3 is even tougher and more wear resistant than the RoGuard. The benefit of the RoGuard is you can get it in black while the NP3 coatings all have a satin / brushed silver look to them.

Watch the monthly special, sometimes you can get a real screaming deal on a 2 for 1 or free shipping.

Definitely a 5 bank recommendation from JD

JD
Thats awsome man will do that or if you hear or see a deal coming up holler!

Old 06-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #10

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Very nice, now I gotta get mine done.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.