Rimfire vs. center fire - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Rimfire vs. center fire

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7101 Times on 4274 Posts
Likes Given: 8608

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
1. winds-of-change has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

You have to empty some of the junk out of your mail box. Cannot transmit any further private messages. Joe
Got it!!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
You should take a hunter safety or gun safety course. They will tell you all about different cartridges, actions and firing mechanisms. There are very few rimfire calibers produced today and none of them are serious self-defense handgun cartridges.
No offense, but anyone asking the questions you're asking needs education before buying a firearm.
Interesting answer, that doesn't provide an answer, doesn't help, and demeans a person asking a question all at the same time!

So in your opinion, anyone should be an expert in rimfire history, like you, before owning any weapon? I found this forum trying to learn about rimfire too, but am no closer to any understanding without some helpful contribution.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7101 Times on 4274 Posts
Likes Given: 8608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
Interesting answer, that doesn't provide an answer, doesn't help, and demeans a person asking a question all at the same time!

So in your opinion, anyone should be an expert in rimfire history, like you, before owning any weapon? I found this forum trying to learn about rimfire too, but am no closer to any understanding without some helpful contribution.
Pyrogenic, this is a very old thread you pulled up and I am the originator of this thread. It's all okay. I was new to guns and as green as the grass when I started this thread. I've come a ways with the help of the people on this forum. I was not offended by Freefall's post. He certainly had a point. But thank you so much for speaking up in my defense. Welcome to FTF and I look forward to learning from you, too.

Feel free to ask questions but I like the fact you used the "search" feature. You will get lots of friendly, helpful advice here about rimfires and anything else you want to know. This thread was actually the first of many, many threads I started with questions on the most basic things.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-18-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2141 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 771

I think very old thread is the operative term in WOC's response. Let's not resurrect a thread unless there's a real good reason to do so.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Closed Thread