Is the RIA an official go?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Is the RIA an official go??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasShooter View Post
Monkeys? Sorry but I just can't let such a dumb remark pass. The Phillipines has a long record of support of th US and many Filipinos have served with distinction in the US armed services. They were among the first to step forward to supply troops to support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Phillipines has has a record of quality production and reliability. A lesser price does not always equate to an inferior product. RIA and Metro Arms (American Classic) make excellent 1911s and I think you will find many who own them in addition to their very high priced alternatives actually like them better. Perhaps the finish is not as good, but they will beat many in reliability and accuracy. Based on my research and friends advice, my next 1911 will be an RIA. I currently own an American Classic II and it has been flawless.
Well stated New Guy

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #22

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

This is my High Standard 1911A1,which is also an armscor product. This particular weapon is a perfect example of just because a 1911 doesnt cost $800+,doesnt mean that its any less of a 1911. TRUE,it isnt made the the USA but its still a nice weapon. Ive put exactly 1,300rds down range with mine with 0 hiccups and 0 malfunctions,i paid $500 for mine. I recently spent a few days with my wifes aunt and uncle, one evening we were talking guns so he showed me his Colt 70 series 1911A1. I brought mine out and we started comparing. I field stripped both guns and we started going over them,neither one of us could visibly tell the difference between the two "other than the Colt's awesome Royal blue finish and the Colt markings. It really boggles my mind why anyone would say that they are knock around guns,tacklebox guns,or only leisure guns.Ive been 110% satisfactory with mine and carry it everyday.

forumrunner_20111125_115104.jpg

forumrunner_20111125_113125.jpg

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 11-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasShooter View Post
Monkeys? Sorry but I just can't let such a dumb remark pass. The Phillipines has a long record of support of th US and many Filipinos have served with distinction in the US armed services. They were among the first to step forward to supply troops to support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Phillipines has has a record of quality production and reliability. A lesser price does not always equate to an inferior product. RIA and Metro Arms (American Classic) make excellent 1911s and I think you will find many who own them in addition to their very high priced alternatives actually like them better. Perhaps the finish is not as good, but they will beat many in reliability and accuracy. Based on my research and friends advice, my next 1911 will be an RIA. I currently own an American Classic II and it has been flawless.
well said! i also own a "monkey gun" and have not had one problem with it.

i also take an offence at the racial slur as my sister in law is Filipino and my neices are half Filipino. there is no need for degrading someone or a group of people because of their nationality. the monkey remark IMO, was in very poor taste and doesn't futher our cause as gunowners.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well said! i also own a "monkey gun" and have not had one problem with it.

i also take an offence at the racial slur as my sister in law is Filipino and my neices are half Filipino. there is no need for degrading someone or a group of people because of their nationality. the monkey remark IMO, was in very poor taste and doesn't futher our cause as gunowners.
Carefull guys - Some of us are starting to sound like intelligent open minded caring Americans

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Carefull guys - Some of us are starting to sound like intelligent open minded caring Americans
sorry hossfly, got in a logical mood!

Old 11-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
sorry hossfly, got in a logical mood!
Hope you stay there

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #27

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

IME, break in, proper cleaning and lube, and mags.

No 1911A1 is worth much as a dependable shooter

without the 250 round break-in.

Clean it well, lube, and be sure to properly

grease the slide contact surfaces.

Some 1911s like some mags, some like others.

I guess it depends on your dedication to the gun,

and I'm sure there probably are lemons out there.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Hope you stay there
i'll try! cant make any promises though!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #29

Merry Christmas and I love you and your family and wish them the best Christmas ever and if you don't believe in Christ, then happy holidays.
I hope your life in filled with joy.
Merry Christmas from a dumb stupid Pollock.from the redneck hills of the south.

Last edited by chewchew; 12-08-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: The right thing to do

Old 12-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
...........................I'm not really saying anything bad about the quality of the guns made in the Phillipines. I was in Subic Bay on R&R from Nam and we all called them Monkeys, for what reason I don't remember. The U S helped the Phillipines in WW2 and as appreciation the Monkeys told all the Americans they were taking over all the massive American built Military bases and factories in Manilla and Alongapo and for us to get out of there country.
Now they want to sell there goods to us as if nothing happened.......Well...my answer to that is SCREW THE MONKEYS. I'll not buy anything made by them.
I was in a hospital in the Phillipines during the Viet Nam war-- NEVER heard the term Monkey in relation to the population

But i'm sure your business will be sorely missed

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET