Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   RG Industries .25 ACP insurance value? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/rg-industries-25-acp-insurance-value-31231/)

lukeisme 09-02-2010 04:44 AM

RG Industries .25 ACP insurance value?

Ok so I got my first look at an RG .25 acp today when it was given to me. I have found all kinds of people saying they are a POS and why they are such. The one thing I have not been able to find out is what the value of it is. Any clues anyone. My guy at the pawnshop told me only dont shoot it the ammo is worth more then the gun. I insure everything and have no idea that value to place on this. :confused:

c3shooter 09-02-2010 12:01 PM

Just flipped thru some of the "closed in last 90 days" gun auctions on a couple of sites I lurk around. Going price seems to be $40-50 for the RG in .25ACP.

robocop10mm 09-02-2010 12:55 PM

Personally, I would place it one rung BELOW a Raven MP-25 on the ladder of quality. If you can get $40 for it consider yourself lucky.

Never forget that RG stands for Real Garbage.

Catfish 09-03-2010 01:02 AM

Years ago I was rideing with a sheriff and he was tell me that the nite befor he went to the hospital to talk to a guy that picked up a hitch hiker. When the guy pulled a 25 auto on him and told him to get out of his car a and he didn`t the guy shot him 3 times. After that he through the guy out of his car and drove himself to the hospital. I would not rely on it for selfdefense.

Highpower 09-03-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukeisme (Post 343108)
Ok so I got my first look at an RG .25 acp today when it was given to me.

It should tell you something just from the fact that it was GIVEN to you. ;)

I had to laugh a little because I actually had someone give me one of those as well a number of years ago. Took it to the range and tried shooting it. Afterward brought it home and took the cutting torch to it. They do melt nicely......

danf_fl 09-03-2010 06:35 AM

If you are a member of the NRA (you are, aren't you?), check with them. I thought that they had something about firearm insurance with membership (or my "old timer's" is kicking in again).
If so, then you should be able to find out what they would pay.

c3shooter 09-03-2010 03:16 PM

If you are an NRA member, you automatically have $1000 in insurance coverage on your firearms. Does not mean lose a $50 pistol and get $1000.

Highpower 09-03-2010 03:54 PM

c3,

Have you ever heard of anyone receiving anything through the NRA insurance? I have not. Seen lots of questions asking about it, but I've never seen any replies from anyone stating they were able to receive compensation. :confused:

nwrednk 09-04-2010 02:15 PM

rg .25 ACP?

Find yourself the nearest "sucker" to buy it or the nearest body of water to
chuck that piece of junk into! I made the mistake of owning one & despite
all of my gunsmithing experience as a machinist could not get the thing to
fire more than 3 shots w/o a problem! I was lucky enough to sell it at a yard
sale for $50. with a box of ammo! (It nearly ended-up being thrown into the
deep part of Coeur d Alene lake)!:rolleyes:

brandonb623 10-19-2010 12:35 AM

rg 26 .25

I recently bought a rg 26 .25 from a family member in need of some cash came with a triple k holster i payed him 150 for both. Took it to the local gun shop and was told the holster was worth more than the gun. Took it out shooting and it fired every shot just jammed up tossin in the first round a couple times. Hunting trip this weekend a couple family members decided to shoot it and on the 3rd shot the front half of the slide busted off and flew into the water. Self defense gun is what i considered it until this had happened, might give the bad guy one hell of a bruise is about all!!