Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Revolver/Semi-Auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Revolver/Semi-Auto

What kind of handgun do you carry, semi-auto or revolver? Which one would have more of an advantage?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I own several of each and I carry both, but primarily a S&W 457, .45acp. I prefer a semi-automatic pistol because as a police officer, that is what I carried the last half of my 30 year career. I prefer the S&W da/sa action because that is what I've trained with. I own, but rarely carry a Springfield 1911a1. No matter how much I practice, I'm afraid in a sudden self defense situation, I may fumble with the thumb safety. I trust the pistol, I just don't trust my fine muscle memory well enough.

Depending on weather, social circumstances, location, clothing, and various other changing conditions, I will carry one of my two 2" revolvers. One a .38spl, the other a .357mag., both from Taurus.

The advantage for me in carrying a semi-auto, is concealability, cartridge power, fire power and quick reload

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 08-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
The advantage for me in carrying a semi-auto, is concealability, cartridge power, fire power and quick reload
That pretty much sums it up. I carry autoloaders exclusively, most often, some variant of the 1911. On occasion, I carry a CZ75 compact which I like because I can carry it cocked 'n' locked just like a 1911.