You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

A Revolation About The Online Gun Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1879 Times on 1104 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Anybody bothered by yet another thread complaining about the same old threads in the forum?
{g,d, &r}

Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #52

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

What the heck. When was the last time you were out shooting with a bunch of friends that you didn't receive sarcasm, razzing and general insults, all in good fun of course. And those of us that are old farts sometimes can't help ourselves since we have been handing that stuff out for so long. Sarcasm just bubbles to the surface. But fun is fun.

A smart a** remark is one thing. Being vicious/nasty and totally disrepectful is a whole other ball game. Some folks just don't understand that and get totally abusive. Those are the threads that I simply don't revisit.

I've only been shooting for about 40 years and reloading for over half of that. This does not make me an expert. I've come to this forum with questions outside of my area of knowledge (usually after trying a search) and always gotten answers. Sometimes with a bit of sarcasm thrown in from some which I take the same way as a buddy talking sh** at me, its expected. But also someone will supply the info that I need or refer me to a link that has what I need, always!

I see this forum as a group of acquaintances, some could be friends and some are simply a**holes. Enjoy the friends and shrug off the other ones. JMHO but it works for me. That's why I support this site and plan on sticking around.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #53

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This is just about the only gun forum I visit anymore. The moderators
don't seem to be enamored with themselves and generally let the
threads take their course. The members, with some exceptions, are
friendly and helpful.

On the other gun forums I've grown tired of the self-proclaimed experts
and those that think they are somehow superior to others because they
have a 9 million post count. Moderators that take their position way to
seriously and use that position to advance their own opinions.

Like any community, this one would be better off without some of its
members, but when all is said and done this is a pretty good forum.
Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 06-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #54

Liked 2184 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker View Post
What the heck. When was the last time you were out shooting with a bunch of friends that you didn't receive sarcasm, razzing and general insults, all in good fun of course. And those of us that are old farts sometimes can't help ourselves since we have been handing that stuff out for so long. Sarcasm just bubbles to the surface. But fun is fun.

A smart a** remark is one thing. Being vicious/nasty and totally disrepectful is a whole other ball game. Some folks just don't understand that and get totally abusive. Those are the threads that I simply don't revisit.

I've only been shooting for about 40 years and reloading for over half of that. This does not make me an expert. I've come to this forum with questions outside of my area of knowledge (usually after trying a search) and always gotten answers. Sometimes with a bit of sarcasm thrown in from some which I take the same way as a buddy talking sh** at me, its expected. But also someone will supply the info that I need or refer me to a link that has what I need, always!

I see this forum as a group of acquaintances, some could be friends and some are simply a**holes. Enjoy the friends and shrug off the other ones. JMHO but it works for me. That's why I support this site and plan on sticking around.
Hummm, a well thought out & sincere response
(I especially agree with the old fart thing)

Old 06-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #55

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Rinks off 355 in Lockport mostly, but I also go to Article II in Lombard. I need to find an outdoor range to shoot myl ong guns, Buffalo is closed.
I saw LOCKPORT and freaked out...I live in Lockport, NY....didn't know there were others hahaa...

do you guys have a canal or something with Locks???

Erie Canal Locks 34 and 35 in Lockport, NY
A Revolation About The Online Gun Community - General Handgun Discussion

Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #56

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Rinks off 355 in Lockport mostly, but I also go to Article II in Lombard. I need to find an outdoor range to shoot myl ong guns, Buffalo is closed.
Now I just saw Buffalo....WTH?!?! is Illinois copying NY?! lol

Buffalo, NY
A Revolation About The Online Gun Community - General Handgun Discussion