A Revolation About The Online Gun Community - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

A Revolation About The Online Gun Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I have noticed an outbreak in threads gone south by altercations lately,ALOT more than usual. Theres been so many ive almost issued myself a timeout just to get some fresh air.
As have I. Frankly, I'm getting kind of pissed. It's worse than someone coming into your house with muddy shoes on and propping their feet on the table.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2925 Times on 1721 Posts

I have noticed a few regular offenders. Some of them also have very good input at other times. I usually just avoid the confrontation.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #13

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

As have I. Frankly, I'm getting kind of pissed. It's worse than someone coming into your house with muddy shoes on and propping their feet on the table.
Yessir it is, i try and make it point to get along with everyone on here, i succeed for the most part,but there are a few that just make it difficult.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #14
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 12830 Times on 5484 Posts
Likes Given: 2097

In the words of Rodney King..........

Yes, we are going to get asked the same question a lot of times by a lot of people- afraid that is the nature of the beast. How many times will I be asked about firing slugs out of a modified barrel, and what can't I rechamber my Jennings to .22 magnum?

Those questions are important to somebody. No reason to get my panties in a twist over someone asking. As far as things to worry about- my blood glucose meter provides enough of that these days.

I really do enjoy the "When was..." and "Where was...." and "Where can I find a ....." sort of thing. Also enjoy the folks that contribute info I may not have had, or a source of good info in a particular field. Can do just fine without the folks that tell me I will have to list my guns on my tax return, and primers will have a deactivating time limit.

Everybody needs to remember- it's only the internet. It does not leave bruises. Next year, few people will remember. You like one thing, I like another. That is why there is McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell- bourbon, scotch, Bud and Yuengling. Just because it is not my flavor does not mean it's bad.
People Like This 
Old 06-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2925 Times on 1721 Posts

Well spoken as always.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #16

Liked 9218 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

He mentioned yuengling. My favorite. Anyone know where I can find some in Louisiana?

Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #17

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I'm sorry if I've bothered anyone but that's the point of forums, for students or those less savvy to ask questions, while those who are more advanced sometimes answer them or create stickies with a thorough write up, firearms are not my forte...yet. I've been around them but just within the last few years my interest has re-sparked. I'm a Computer Tech who's very well versed with *Unix servers, if someone here asked a question about setting up a dual boot mac book or why stupid Citrix log in isn't authenticating, this is something I've repeated 1,000 times but it's my trade, think about the auto mechanic who's asked "When you turn over the key, do you hear the fuel pump kick in?" 1,000 times, if he doesn't want to explain how a fuel pump works on the internet then I'd suggest he not visit fordforums.org support section too much.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #18

Liked 432 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
In the words of Rodney King..........

Yes, we are going to get asked the same question a lot of times by a lot of people- afraid that is the nature of the beast. How many times will I be asked about firing slugs out of a modified barrel, and what can't I rechamber my Jennings to .22 magnum?

Those questions are important to somebody. No reason to get my panties in a twist over someone asking. As far as things to worry about- my blood glucose meter provides enough of that these days.

I really do enjoy the "When was..." and "Where was...." and "Where can I find a ....." sort of thing. Also enjoy the folks that contribute info I may not have had, or a source of good info in a particular field. Can do just fine without the folks that tell me I will have to list my guns on my tax return, and primers will have a deactivating time limit.

Everybody needs to remember- it's only the internet. It does not leave bruises. Next year, few people will remember. You like one thing, I like another. That is why there is McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell- bourbon, scotch, Bud and Yuengling. Just because it is not my flavor does not mean it's bad.
I agree, I always want to try to help people out. It just seems like there have been a whole of people arguing semantics about things that really insignificant or philosophical questions that are borderline absurd. I mean is the average person really going to ever going to wear out a GP100 or S&W 686? Heck no! So what does it matter which one is "heftier"? Either will likely last our entire life, so in the big scheme of things what does it really matter? Or threads like whether you would trust your life to a 1911 or not. Threads like those are the ones I was referring to. I enjoy helping people learn more about their guns and answer questions, but sometimes it just gets to be a little too much.
People Like This 
Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 265 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 187

what is with the bugs?

Old 06-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #20
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 12830 Times on 5484 Posts
Likes Given: 2097

Quote:
He mentioned yuengling. My favorite. Anyone know where I can find some in Louisiana?
Drugstore.

On the shelf with the other things used to cure athlete's foot.