Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   A Revolation About The Online Gun Community (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/revolation-about-online-gun-community-67092/)

Olympus 06-25-2012 08:43 PM

Maybe I've just become jaded to the online gun community or maybe I've just been grouchy lately but as I sit here reading threads on various gun forums, I've come to realize that a large part of the online gun community seems to be worried about running out of things to worry about. Most topics have been beaten and chewed to death it seems. So is it me or are other people seeing the increase in threads arguing semantics and philosophical what-ifs to a point of being ridiculous?

Threads like "Is the 686+ strong enough to handle full house loads?" - Nope. S&W just took a gamble on introducing that model and they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to revolver design. Better hurry up and buy one before somebody experiences a KABOOM and they discontinue the model.

Or threads like "What happens to the value of classic guns when the old people die and the polymer generation reaches retirement age?" - I have no idea. My guns are for enjoyment, worry about your 401K value instead. You'll likely be in the afterlife by then and I would assume worldly possessions and monetary value will be of little concern to you anyway.

Am I the only one that is annoyed by this? I love talking about guns, but dang. There comes a point when it all gets a little bit too much. Ok, rant off. Flame away if necessary.

mountainman13 06-25-2012 08:47 PM

Still better than facebook. Lol

Trez 06-25-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus (Post 849135)
Or threads like "What happens to the value of classic guns when the old people die and the polymer generation reaches retirement age?" - I have no idea. My guns are for enjoyment, worry about your 401K value instead. You'll likely be in the afterlife by then and I would assume worldly possessions and monetary value will be of little concern to you anyway.

I hoping that they arnt worth anything... That way I can buy that old beat-up gun for cheap that their great-granddad picked up during the war, and they can get whatever new "fancy smanchy" plastic gun they want... ;):p

HOSSFLY 06-25-2012 10:00 PM

No flame here- Very tired of the same PLUS -----Well, childish off topic remarks from several fairly new members recently who obviously know spit about anything firearm related - Why some are here really escapes me---
I'm done now too--

gunnovice09 06-25-2012 10:10 PM

Its just like everything else in life there are always ppl that like to irritate others

trip286 06-26-2012 12:20 AM

^^^^^^^
+1000

vincent 06-26-2012 12:27 AM

Poof!!! ;)

Olympus 06-26-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 849325)
Poof!!! ;)

I love magic! :D

MrWray 06-26-2012 12:29 AM

I have noticed an outbreak in threads gone south by altercations lately,ALOT more than usual. Theres been so many ive almost issued myself a timeout just to get some fresh air.

vincent 06-26-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 849329)
I have noticed an outbreak in threads gone south by altercations lately,ALOT more than usual. Theres been so many ive almost issued myself a timeout just to get some fresh air.

The trolls are out early this season...;)

Lock n load boys...:cool: