Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   returning pistol or selling to someone (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/returning-pistol-selling-someone-41195/)

ballfan4141 04-13-2011 12:52 AM

returning pistol or selling to someone

I bought a ruger sr9c today. did not shoot it or nothing. I dont want it because it caused too much stess within the family (impulse buy) can I return it to the dealer or sell it to someone and how do I do that.

dog2000tj 04-13-2011 03:28 AM

I would imagine that any sale from the dealer would be final, barring something wrong with the gun. But that's not to say they wouldn't buy it back, you just might take a hit on it.

As for selling it you could do that too - face to face, through an ad, at a gun show, etc. Keep in mind of you do sell it any other way than face to face you will need to go through an FFL.

Good luck

sweeper22 04-13-2011 06:18 AM

Advertise it as new/unfired in the local paper or (better yet) an in-state local firearms internet trading board. You could probably expect to get about $400 for a new SR9c. How big of a hit you take will depend entirely on how well you did with your initial purchase.

And have the buyer fill out a bill of sale, stating they're legally allowed (21yr old, non-felon, mentally competent, etc) to purchase the firearm.

General_lee 04-13-2011 11:08 PM

The dealer will probably buy it back from you, however they will NOT give you back what you paid for it... that's just how gun shops work, you can't blame them because once that gun goes out the door they have no idea what's been done to the gun after that.

orangello 04-13-2011 11:13 PM

Take it back and tell them it was too loud, with as serious a look as you can muster; i bet they won't cost you too much.

Alternatively, you could put it safely away (trigger lock & well oiled) for a time in the future when your family comes to its senses and realizes the value of a self-defense firearm.

General_lee 04-14-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 485774)

alternatively, you could put it safely away (trigger lock & well oiled) for a time in the future when your family comes to its senses and realizes the value of a self-defense firearm.

^^^^^this^^^^^

wb_carpenter 04-14-2011 02:17 PM

put a pistol lock on it and hide it away somewhere.

Start reading about how to introduce the idea of guns in the household to your family.

DoyleTheDog 04-14-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 485774)
Alternatively, you could put it safely away (trigger lock & well oiled) for a time in the future when your family comes to its senses and realizes the value of a self-defense firearm.

^^^^^^^I concur :D

WDB 04-15-2011 12:20 AM

Take it back if you haven't shot it. Expect them to charge you for the effort spent. An impluse buy will always cost you money if you change your mind.

ballfan4141 04-15-2011 09:09 PM

thanks guys. I kept the gun after they finally admitted they do like it.