Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Researching my first gun but need a place to rent... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/researching-my-first-gun-but-need-place-rent-30974/)

swimman 08-27-2010 08:25 PM

Researching my first gun but need a place to rent...
 
I'm looking into purchasing my first handgun but would like to find a shop/range in the area that rents guns. I've searched through the phone book and cannot locate any that are public. Most are private clubs. What I would like is a place that sell guns and has a range. This way I can walk in, put my money on the counter and rent however many and get a feel for them. Are there any places like this in the New England (I'm in Rhode Island) area?

Appreciate the help. Have to start somewhere!

danf_fl 08-27-2010 08:32 PM

Would you stop by our "introductions" area and tell us a little about yourself?

orangello 08-27-2010 08:46 PM

Where To Shoot | Home

Try this thingy for a range search. Good luck!

billdeserthills 08-27-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimman (Post 339624)
I'm looking into purchasing my first handgun but would like to find a shop/range in the area that rents guns. I've searched through the phone book and cannot locate any that are public. Most are private clubs. What I would like is a place that sell guns and has a range. This way I can walk in, put my money on the counter and rent however many and get a feel for them. Are there any places like this in the New England (I'm in Rhode Island) area?

Appreciate the help. Have to start somewhere!

My advice is you stop screwing around & buy a gun. You really don't hafta try it first, as guns all share several things and if you are buying it for self-defense you may not be shooting it ever...

orangello 08-27-2010 10:00 PM

billdeserthills,
I think dude is looking for his first handgun, not another for the collection.

OP, if you can't find a range that rents, ask every buddy you've got if they have a handgun they can show you & maybe take you out to shoot it (offer to buy the ammo & cold drinks).

cpttango30 08-27-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billdeserthills (Post 339662)
My advice is you stop screwing around & buy a gun. You really don't hafta try it first, as guns all share several things and if you are buying it for self-defense you may not be shooting it ever...

Really your never going to shoot the gun you are placing your's and your families lives on? That is not dumb but stupid.

billdeserthills 08-27-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 339681)
billdeserthills,
I think dude is looking for his first handgun, not another for the collection.

OP, if you can't find a range that rents, ask every buddy you've got if they have a handgun they can show you & maybe take you out to shoot it (offer to buy the ammo & cold drinks).

I'm sure you are correct. As a gun dealer it bothers me to hear people that have the special need to "try out" the gun before purchase, as I now own hundreds of guns and trying out any one of them would never have kept me from buying that particular gun.

amoroque 08-27-2010 10:51 PM

I see where you are coming from Bill, still I'd suggest trying out some guns and seeing what you really like......ESPECIALLY.......if its a gun you are going to use for self defense.

danf_fl 08-27-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billdeserthills (Post 339691)
I'm sure you are correct. As a gun dealer it bothers me to hear people that have the special need to "try out" the gun before purchase, as I now own hundreds of guns and trying out any one of them would never have kept me from buying that particular gun.

Alex, may I try "Potent Potables" for $300 now?

StanDJ77 08-28-2010 12:00 AM

Trying out is cool if possible. Do some research on what your lookin for. i suggest a 9mm for your first handgun. Me personally, i dont need to try any gun out, if its durable,reliable,reasonable price, thats almost enough for me. If your looking to just make some noise at the range, then yea go test sum out if you can but, if its self-defense;dont think i would care about how it shoots. As long as it protects my family/myself....IM GOOD:cool:


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.