Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Republic arms patriot 45

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigbud9mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Isn't this this the same as the Cobra Patriot .45 ?

__________________
bigbud9mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbud9mm
Isn't this this the same as the Cobra Patriot .45 ?
Yes cobra bought out republic arms and moved production to Houston from what I've read on the net
__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigbud9mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Any ideas about quality and shooting experience with it.

__________________
bigbud9mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Ship it over and I'll tell you all about it

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbud9mm
Any ideas about quality and shooting experience with it.
Haven't shot it yet its never been shot. I almost don't want to and just sell it off
__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,604
Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

Haven't shot it yet its never been shot. I almost don't want to and just sell it off
Don't be a pooss, just pus a hot +p+ load in it and fire away.

Just kiddin man. Seriously though, put a single round in it, rack, and fire. Go from there. Wear protective eye wear, hearing, and enjoy the new piece!
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Celeste, TX
Posts: 2
Default I like it.

I have the melonite version. Had it for a couple of years. Put a couple hundred rounds through it. Every time I pull the trigger, it goes BANG!

Mine also moves the slide at the end of the trigger pull but it doesn't seem to cause any failures. I think the problem is machining marks on the firing pin assy or the part of the slide it fits into. Haven't taken the time to do a proper "fluff and buff" yet. The firing pin doesn't have a safety block, the spring keeps it from striking the primer if it is dropped. Maybe a stouter recoil spring would work to stop the 'creep'? Would not want a weaker firing pin spring to compromise safety.

I bought a new assembly pin from Cobra because my pin also creeps out while shooting - didn't help. When I clean it I usually put a drop of lacquer under the pin head - works pretty good. I have an idea that I'm going to try, to add a retaining spring similar to my Kel-Tec P-11 in the near future but I've been busy with other projects.

This is an inexpensive gun that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles...no slide-lock after last round, DAO-Looong trigger pull and reset but crisp break, striker-fired with double-strike capability, very close in size/weight to my P-11, all parts are the same as the Cobra version and still available, uses 1911 magazines if you don't want to buy extras from Cobra,.

This is not an IPSC gun. I use mine for IWB concealed carry with a "Clipdraw" universal slide clip and I am happy with it. If I need it, I am confident it will work. If you really don't want to keep yours, contact me.

__________________
Misha_Puppy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

So sold it to a friend just ran in to him at the bar he put 200 round no issues at all fired every time 100 Winchester bulk 50 rem umc and 50 Speer home defense....have to say I'm suprised

__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha_Puppy
I have the melonite version. Had it for a couple of years. Put a couple hundred rounds through it. Every time I pull the trigger, it goes BANG!

Mine also moves the slide at the end of the trigger pull but it doesn't seem to cause any failures. I think the problem is machining marks on the firing pin assy or the part of the slide it fits into. Haven't taken the time to do a proper "fluff and buff" yet. The firing pin doesn't have a safety block, the spring keeps it from striking the primer if it is dropped. Maybe a stouter recoil spring would work to stop the 'creep'? Would not want a weaker firing pin spring to compromise safety.

I bought a new assembly pin from Cobra because my pin also creeps out while shooting - didn't help. When I clean it I usually put a drop of lacquer under the pin head - works pretty good. I have an idea that I'm going to try, to add a retaining spring similar to my Kel-Tec P-11 in the near future but I've been busy with other projects.

This is an inexpensive gun that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles...no slide-lock after last round, DAO-Looong trigger pull and reset but crisp break, striker-fired with double-strike capability, very close in size/weight to my P-11, all parts are the same as the Cobra version and still available, uses 1911 magazines if you don't want to buy extras from Cobra,.

This is not an IPSC gun. I use mine for IWB concealed carry with a "Clipdraw" universal slide clip and I am happy with it. If I need it, I am confident it will work. If you really don't want to keep yours, contact me.
After reading this I kinda and hearing what my friend had to say I kinda want it back oh well got 400 bucks for it
__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
After reading this I kinda and hearing what my friend had to say I kinda want it back oh well got 400 bucks for it
If you got $400 for a Cobra Patriot .45 from a friend you shud either be ashamed of yourself or laffing your azz off depending on how good a friend he was
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Charter Arms Patriot .327 Magnum Problems Adman Revolver Handguns 5 01-17-2011 10:58 PM
The end of the Republic layton Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 10-23-2009 09:57 PM



Newest Threads