Republic arms patriot 45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Republic arms patriot 45

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Just got this on a trade on Craigslist with a guitar I'd never play again now I know republic is now cobra arms but any experience on this gun? also it's never been fired or loaded

image-1816714369.jpg   image-3937349347.jpg  
__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"


Last edited by gearhead396; 11-04-2012 at 01:41 AM.
gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

I've been looking for info on it all day and can't find anything solid apparently only 857 were ever made

__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

might want to check out Davis Industries, a maker of cheap junk pistols and a part of a group of companies that have changed names and owners for years. brand new that pistol probably sold for less than $200. bout the same class of pistol as the Bryco, Jennings and Jiminez pistols. i hope it wasn't a good guitar!

what's funny is, you traded for a pistol you knew nothing about, and now you have traded for it and now you want information about it? does that sum it it up pretty accurately? smart thing would have done some research before trading.

__________________

Last edited by Axxe55; 11-04-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

The last I knew of this company they were in Salt Lake City, Ut. They were low quality firearms. They were in no way relieable firearms.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
might want to check out Davis Industries, a maker of cheap junk pistols and a part of a group of companies that have changed names and owners for years. brand new that pistol probably sold for less than $200. bout the same class of pistol as the Bryco, Jennings and Jiminez pistols. i hope it wasn't a good guitar!

what's funny is, you traded for a pistol you knew nothing about, and now you have traded for it and now you want information about it? does that sum it it up pretty accurately? smart thing would have done some research before trading.
It was a guitar me ex gf left at my house and it was a honer so ya I'm gonna take it out soon and see if its a nice gun or a piece of crap either way I didn't lose out thanks for the info
__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
It was a guitar me ex gf left at my house and it was a honer so ya I'm gonna take it out soon and see if its a nice gun or a piece of crap either way I didn't lose out thanks for the info
Well, least you wont be disapointed
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 945
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Its funny i haven't had a chance to get to the range but dry firing already makes me nervous the slide pops back about 2 mm every time the striker is released and the disassembly pin slides out a little hahaha almost don't wanna be the first one to shoot it

__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Its funny i haven't had a chance to get to the range but dry firing already makes me nervous the slide pops back about 2 mm every time the striker is released and the disassembly pin slides out a little hahaha almost don't wanna be the first one to shoot it
before you do take it to the range and shoot it, please do us a favor and count your fingers first. that way when it blow up in your hand, you will know if any are missing!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Send it to me and I'll wring it out good for ya. I've got brass balls, nerves of steel, and I bleed like any other man. Bring it on.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
KG7IL Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Send it to me and I'll wring it out good for ya. I've got brass balls, nerves of steel, and I bleed like any other man. Bring it on.
Agreed, I have no troubles taking risks with firearms. Try dummy caps in it.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Charter Arms Patriot .327 Magnum Problems Adman Revolver Handguns 5 01-17-2011 10:58 PM
The end of the Republic layton Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 10-23-2009 09:57 PM