Remora Holster

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Remora Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Default Remora Holster

So I have been doing some reading on these. But can not seem to find a review about using one with a 1911. So does anyone have any experiance? I have some nice holsters already, but I like to have options.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

CA357 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2357 Times on 1276 Posts
Likes Given: 677

I have one with the full sweat shield for my Sig 238 and am thinking of getting another one for my J frame. Good holster. I believe C3 uses one.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

CA357 Likes This 
Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I looked at them the other day and did some research on them. I read a bunch of comments on the CZ forum as well and people seem to be pretty happy with them. I'm looking for a holster for a new to me CZ83 and they came up in my search. Personally, they're not for me. But then again, I'm a dinosaur.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #4

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I got one for my Baretta PX4 subcompact and like everyone else I've tried a bunch of holsters this one fits me well.I hear crossbreed is the way to go but I'm happy with the Ramora and better yet it's made in the US and is actually made by a company that's local to Fla.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #5

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I have one for my Glock 19. Very comfortable! My favorite....I think Cane might use one for one of his 1911s if I remember correctly.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #6

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Never tried a larger framed pistol, but my old pocket plinkers. I found quickly that I hate IWB holsters. So my Remora is sitting in a box with all the other failed holsters and harnesses I didn't like.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #7

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
So I have been doing some reading on these. But can not seem to find a review about using one with a 1911. So does anyone have any experiance? I have some nice holsters already, but I like to have options.
Canebrake is a big advocate of the Remora holsters I believe...give him a ping, he'll give you an honest opinion. Somebody just chanced one off the other day...1911 model too.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington