Remington R51 - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Remington R51

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #41
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Remington R51

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
If you can find a Remington R51 in this area it would be priced at $500 plus. When you tell the clerk what the MSRP is on that pistol, he will look you right in the eye and swear he can't get the gun for $380.

I have been shopping for a Glock 19 recently. One LGS had the Gen 3 Glock 19 priced at $599. I noticed their advertisement that they do FFL's for $25. I asked them for their FFL information. They said they don't do transfers from Buds Gun Shop. Buds is a distributor that has a retail shop. I went down the road to set up a FFL transfer for $30. I ended up getting a gen 4 for $540. There must be some stupid people in Raleigh. Glock sets the retail price on their pistols. Any shop who sells Glocks below that price will not get any more Glocks to sell. At $540 a shop is making close to a $200 profit on the pistol. LEO discount on a G19 is around $350. No one is losing money on a LEO discount.

John, that's because they HAVE to make a certain amt. (They claim). When a maker sets the retail price, they think that LGS's are going to be honest about their profit level and not Jack the price up,......
The Distributor raises the price because of "Supply and Demand" then the dealer raises the price again, then the fees....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-16-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Well then they've updated it with a higher price within the last two weeks. And actually, without having shot it yet, so I haven't formed the best opinion on it yet, the new price seems a little more reasonable to me. There are other guns in the same class running well into the $600 dollar range, and my initial impressions of the Remington are more satisfying than the sigs and Walthers. We shall see if I'm still that satisfied after putting about 200 down the pipe.
When the R51 was first announced I believe $380 was the msrp then after the shot show it went to $420, I think Remington knew they had something going and there would be a demand for it. In terms of msrp I don't think $420 is out of line. I have been watching gunbroker and some auctions I have followed they are going for well over $500....crazy.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1918 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

If they would have had that one priced at 349.00 I would have probably brought it home. I want to hold out for the 40 though. They are a sweet looking little gun.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #44

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I think the new MSRP is perfectly reasonable myself. Actually, my first thought when I saw the original price, and the $350 I paid for mine, was "how the hell?"

Like I say though... I've still yet to shoot mine. I'm very anxious to see if my opinion will change.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 AM   #45
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 763 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I've still yet to shoot mine. I'm very anxious to see if my opinion will change.
And so are we, my friend, so are we....

Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg View Post
And so are we, my friend, so are we....
mine has not at this time. anything I have seen online that's been negative, I cannot replicate, that being the slide biting the hand, difficult assembly, etc. To me its as easy as breaking down an 870 and all around great so far. If I experience anything negative I'll report. As with any product you will have guys that like it or they dont, I try and keep my findings as honest as possible. I figured I only paid $350, if I don't like it then I'll sell it, not big deal. Its not like I dropped over a grand for a 1911.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:02 AM   #47

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 37

mjlabs You bought at a good price . 7.28 cheaper than my general store. To bad other sare willing to pay these high prices some dealers ask. Your feeling about the R51 or firearms in general are same as mine. To many people seem to make a new firearm tough on them selves sometimes.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #48

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Remington R51

Anyone see what the Military Arms Channel has to say about it? It may have just been a lemon, but I can't say I was interested in one of these guns even before that. Every review I have seen so far has been negative, but it's also the first run so maybe the bugs will get worked out. Unfortunately I'm biased against any gun with a grip safety, so I can't bring myself to pick one up. Well, the 1911 gets a free pass on the grip safety, but that's only because...I guess I don't really have a reason, other than that's just how they are and I like them.
Oh and as for the Glock 19 price, man you guys pay a lot! I got my brand new gen 4 g19 for $530, and, being a gen 4, it came with 3 mags

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited by Kansas; 03-21-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #49

I've seen two negative reviews, one by a writer who was oozing bias, and one on the military arms channel who (I mentioned this in another thread) I honestly think tampered with the gun to make it as jacked up as it is.

Every other report I've heard has been stellar. I plan to shoot mine this afternoon/evening. When I get off work this afternoon, I'm getting my son to my sister's, going home and getting my bike and ammo, then coming back to town to hit the range and crash at my office before I go back on duty for half the evening shift and then the night shift. So I'll have range time, and time sitting in front of a computer all night, y'all can expect my impressions on shooting it sometime this evening.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #50

Well damn. More craziness going on, not shooting today.

These 70-75 hour work weeks are killing me.