Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Remington R51 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/remington-r51-104663/)

deg 03-02-2014 01:52 PM

Remington R51

I am hearing mixed reviews about the new Remington R51; some like it, others saying it rakes the skin off your hand during the cycle. I am wondering if it is a hand size issue or what. Anyone shot one?

Shade 03-02-2014 02:13 PM

All I can say is I have one on order. I had not heard of the skin issues.

deg 03-02-2014 02:26 PM

I for one will be interested in some feedback. Do you know when it is supposed to be in?

Shade 03-02-2014 02:49 PM

It is still on back order from the wholesaler, so no clue.

Toll13 03-02-2014 03:10 PM

I held one at the Outdoor show in Harrisburg and I don't think that will be an issue unless you hold it wrong. I have big hands and have been bit a lot by small guns so I have a slide ritual and this one passed with flying colors.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Firearms Talk mobile app

DrFootball 03-02-2014 03:54 PM

We spoke about it a bit this last Podcast. G&A, and some other "Print Magazines"have written rosy reviews. TTAG's Nick Leghorn(I'm gonna ask him if we see him next SHOT Show IF he's a relation to Foghorn...) is contradictory at best. Since the Off. Word from Remington was "late Feb." I'd expect it in the Retail Channel at least with the Larger vendors by 4/1.

EMD mentioned he also had an Issue with the "Bevertail" biting the web. Knowing him Here as I Do, and Knowing him to be a reasonable Guy I'd tent to take his word that it might cause an Issue for some. Mostly Over the years when someone told me they were bit By a Gun I'd tell then to work on their Grip a Bit. I only had my Hand "Torn Up" by a Slide One time in my Whole life,..From a 1911 In 38 Super about 20 Years ago(could have used that Slide as a Double Bladed Combat Knife!!!!)..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

hardluk1 03-05-2014 06:47 PM

I would not put to much stock in ole nicks review at ttag as he did not like it before he shot it as its a small gun to him and he hates small guns. He did not even try to learn how to disassemble it . Just whined that is was hard to do. So is a 1911 to many shooters if it does have a simple pull tabs like glock or m&p. He also showed no slide bit , NO cuts or blood, only redness caused by a 500 round shooting session. Just one guys review and nothing made this guys views of a firearm any better than yours or my review.

deg 03-05-2014 11:21 PM

Good to know

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

DrFootball 03-06-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1 (Post 1522936)
I would not put to much stock in ole nicks review at ttag as he did not like it before he shot it as its a small gun to him and he hates small guns. He did not even try to learn how to disassemble it . Just whined that is was hard to do. So is a 1911 to many shooters if it does have a simple pull tabs like glock or m&p. He also showed no slide bit , NO cuts or blood, only redness caused by a 500 round shooting session. Just one guys review and nothing made this guys views of a firearm any better than yours or my review.

I don't take anyone's word about a Gun that has never had the misfortune to have to shoot under pressure at least once in their life. Just like N.L. Can say "what do you know, you just run a podcast." The difference is he's never been shot back.

Shade 03-06-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1523430)
I don't take anyone's word about a Gun that has never had the misfortune to have to shoot under pressure at least once in their life. Just like N.L. Can say "what do you know, you just run a podcast." The difference is he's never been shot back.

And if you ever do get shot at...
Happiness is a belt fed weapon!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk