Reliable .22 pistols

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Reliable .22 pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Reliable .22 pistols

I took my daughter to the range last weekend to shoot. She shot my Mossberg 44 US .22 LR rifle and my Kimber .45.

Before shooting the .45, I had her shoot a .22 pistol to get used to feel w/o having a serious kick. She shot the Walther P22 and enjoyed it. It seemed like a fun pistol.

What other .22 pistols are out there that I should consider if I decided to go with a .22 for plinking and occasion CCW. My Kimber Pro Carry II will be my primary CCW.

Links to particular guns you suggest would greatly help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a Browning Buck Mark 22 and the husband just bought me a Ruger Mark III 22 lr Competition pistol with a Nikon scope. Still waiting for the left handed grips from Ruger. They were supposed to show today and aren't here yet ... so my new gun is naked.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Ruger Mrk III is a nice pistol.
I also like the older Colt Woodsmans/Huntsmans.
The Buckmarks can be hit or miss. A buddy of mine had one that he loved so he bought a target model and hated it.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I beleve the best on the market for the money today is the Rugers. I`ve got 2 of the MK 11`s and with good ammo have never had any problems with function or accuracy.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 10-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i don't own either, but the rugers and brownings both seem quite nice.

however, i did read recently (since i myself am in the market for a 22) that someone tested the loaded chamber indicator on their ruger mk III and found that it was unsafe. i guess the chamber indicator fastens itself around the rim of the cartridge..., which it's obviously a rimfire cartrige, and that if struck hard enough it'd cause the cartidge to fire. since/if you have children that may be a particular concearn. however, i've read other tests on this feature that have yeilded safe results, so it may well just be a myth created by a disgruntled ruger customer.