Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Recommended Holster - P226 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/recommended-holster-p226-36539/)

NewGunz 01-07-2011 08:25 AM

Recommended Holster - P226

Can you guys recommend me a belt/holster for a SIG P226? I have no experience with pistol holsters. I do have experience with "duty belts" though but do not know what the best size is for pistol holsters. My main concern for the holster is safety and draw speed. I'd like to be able to easily access the gun but I'd like it to have all necessary safety features to ensure the gun doesn't accidently go off. I'm not really too worried about someone grabbing it since this will be a range holster. Thanks.

NGIB 01-07-2011 08:46 AM

For a range holster, hard to go wrong with a Blackhawk Serpa. I also use a lot of these holsters for my range guns:

SIG 226 9/40/357 Retention Black Holster New Israeli Tactical

You can get the holster and a dual mag carrier for less than $30. Nearly every weekend CDNN also offers cheap shipping. I buy a ton of stuff from them and they generally have about the best magazine prices. Bought the 18 round flush fit mags for my P226 from them...

NewGunz 01-07-2011 05:03 PM

Thank you! How do I know which size belt these holsters require? Or do they work with any "duty" belt size?

NGIB 01-07-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewGunz (Post 417082)
Thank you! How do I know which size belt these holsters require? Or do they work with any "duty" belt size?

The ones from CDNN are paddles and so are the Serpa's I have. For range holsters, I very much prefer paddle to belt...

DrumJunkie 01-07-2011 05:33 PM

I bought a B802 two slot pancake holster for my 226 I've use it for years and it's been great.

NewGunz 01-08-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 417098)
The ones from CDNN are paddles and so are the Serpa's I have. For range holsters, I very much prefer paddle to belt...

Thanks... I just ordered that holster and a double magazine carrier as well. I waited until the weekend like you said and found shipping only $5.99. All under $30!!! Great price. Thanks again!

NGIB 01-08-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewGunz (Post 417624)
Thanks... I just ordered that holster and a double magazine carrier as well. I waited until the weekend like you said and found shipping only $5.99. All under $30!!! Great price. Thanks again!

Glad to be of service...

NewGunz 01-14-2011 05:50 AM

My holster and carrier showed up and they are great! They also gave me a free swiss army knife in the box. I already have a few but I needed one with a corkscrew so this is perfect, haha.

I see that I can change the angle of the holster. Is it a good idea to do this to speed up the draw or are holsters usually kept straight up and down for a reason? As I said before, I'm new to holsters but this is giving me great practice.

NGIB 01-14-2011 08:40 AM

Whether you want to cant the holster depends on your carry position. I generally have mine at about 4:00 and I like a little grip forward cant. When my shoulder is bothering me, I wear them crossdraw and use grip rearward cant...