Recommend me the mildest recoiling 38sp ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Recommend me the mildest recoiling 38sp ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2820 Times on 1400 Posts
Likes Given: 291

If you can find some Wadcutter loads, those will work great for you purpose. However the ones I've seen tend to be expensive and less common compared to other, more standard loads. I have some Remington/UMC standard 130gr RNMC .38 special loads. They are reasonably mild, and might just be good for your intended use.
If you have access to a range that rents guns, I would look into perhaps renting a .22 revolver for the initial training. Recoil is a non-issue with a .22, thus you can concentrate on the basics. Ammo is cheap too.
If you have the space at home, you might consider an air pistol. I still shoot in my garage now and again. I used an air pistol for the Day 1 familiarization with my son & wife. If you have even a small amount of space this can be a useful option. You could easily set this up for less than a $100. Inexpensive air pistol, a cheap trap, targets, safety glasses, pellets & your in business.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld