Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Recession Buster Pistol: Ruger P345PR (.45 ACP)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Recession Buster Pistol: Ruger P345PR (.45 ACP)

RUGER MODEL P345PR

Caliber:.45 Auto
Capacity:8 Rounds
Finish:Blued
Grip:Satin/Checkered Black Synthetic
Barrel Length:4.2"
Groove:6 Twist:1:16" RH
Overall Length:7 1/2"
Weight:29 oz
California Approved:Yes
Massachusetts Approved:Yes
Front Sight(s):Fixed
Rear Sight(s):Fixed
Other Features:Manual Safety / Firing Pin Block
Suggested Retail Price: $561.00 (usually sold for much less) Miscellaneous:Includes frame-integral Picatinny-style accessory rail.

Remarks: The average price in most retail dealers is around $399.00 or less, making this a true outstanding find among the world of the .45 ACP. This weapon is easy for the novice to operate and the durability, and reliability greatly exceeds the expectations of an inexpensive firearm. The slim design makes this a possible (although slightly big) choice for carry-conceal duties. No one can debate the effectiveness of the .45 ACP round. That round combined with the tried and true Ruger design of this pistol equals a first rate defender for a reasonable cost.

For more information visit: Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Great write up. I always look forward to these.

Is this the same Ruger you own?

Old 05-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Nope. I own a Ruger P95PR 9mm.

I would really like to own one of these models, though. I just need to find one for sale (they go quick once they hit the shelves...lol).

Old 05-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
RUGER MODEL P345PR

Caliber:.45 Auto
Capacity:8 Rounds
Finish:Blued
Grip:Satin/Checkered Black Synthetic
Barrel Length:4.2"
Groove:6 Twist:1:16" RH
Overall Length:7 1/2"
Weight:29 oz
California Approved:Yes
Massachusetts Approved:Yes
Front Sight(s):Fixed
Rear Sight(s):Fixed
Other Features:Manual Safety / Firing Pin Block
Suggested Retail Price: $561.00 (usually sold for much less) Miscellaneous:Includes frame-integral Picatinny-style accessory rail.

Remarks: The average price in most retail dealers is around $399.00 or less, making this a true outstanding find among the world of the .45 ACP. This weapon is easy for the novice to operate and the durability, and reliability greatly exceeds the expectations of an inexpensive firearm. The slim design makes this a possible (although slightly big) choice for carry-conceal duties. No one can debate the effectiveness of the .45 ACP round. That round combined with the tried and true Ruger design of this pistol equals a first rate defender for a reasonable cost.

For more information visit: Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Now, where have I seen this before?...

Old 05-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Hey Mark how does the firearm handle in the .45 configuration? How is recoil? and would it fit in a smaller set of hands? My wife is looking for a new pistol to carry and she might like this one.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Hey Mark how does the firearm handle in the .45 configuration? How is recoil? and would it fit in a smaller set of hands? My wife is looking for a new pistol to carry and she might like this one.
Here is what I can tell you. My wife shoots my P345 often. Because it's a single stack magazine, it fits well in most peoples hands. The P345 is reasonably light and easy to handle. The recoil is not rough even with +P loads. Most all 45ACP's have a "push" rather than a recoil and the Ruger P345 is no exception. Because the P345 uses a locking breach, it's easy cycle the slide. My wife handles this pistol like a pro, I bet yours would too.

I can highly recommend this pistol. It has never mal-functioned and it's fairly concealable.

The P345 will take some getting used to. Afterall is a 45ACP. But once you've mastered it, anything less is... is unacceptable.

Last edited by Mark F; 05-03-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Here is what I can tell you. My wife shoots my P345 often. Because it's a single stack magazine, it fits well in most peoples hands. The P345 is reasonably light and easy to handle. The recoil is not rough even with +P loads. Most all 45ACP's have a "push" rather than a recoil and the Ruger P345 is no exception. Because the P345 uses a locking breach, it's easy cycle the slide. My wife handles this pistol like a pro, I bet yours would too.

I can highly recommend this pistol. It has never mal-functioned and it's fairly concealable.

The P345 will take some getting used to. Afterall is a 45ACP. But once you've mastered it, anything less is... is unacceptable.
How about the trigger? Long/average? Heavy/average?

SGT-MILLER, thanks for your continued efforts with these write ups!