Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Recession Buster Pistol: Hi-Point C9 (9x19mm)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I took it out back to lay waste to a sheet of plywood. Here are my impressions:

Ghost ring sites suck. I put the stock one back on.

This gun shoots REALLY consistent groups when you dial the sights in.
Easily kept all of them within a 2" group at 7 yards with a bit of practice.

The trigger pull is not the smoothest. It's not terrible, but I've played with a browning hi-power and a CZ-75. There is no comparison. It was OK though. About the same as a Ruger P95.

The last round in the mag was prone to jamming (failure to feed). Ironically, never during rapid fire. I would say that in the 12 or so mags I ran through it, the last round jammed 4 times. The infamous Hi-point lo-quality magazine strikes again. I have a new one on order.

Truthfully, I feel I got my money's worth. Once I straighten out the magazine issue, and maybe work the trigger a little, this is going to be a fine shooter. I'll still carry .357 for self defense, but this will be a lot cheaper to shoot at the range, and everybody needs at least one automatic...