You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

The Real Problem with 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert999
I bought a handgun in 9mm because of the price and supposed availabilty <Sp>, sorry can't spell. I live in central IL there are Two walmarts and a Farm and Fleet in my area yet i can never find and D@*$ 9mm ammo if i'm lucky they have a box or two LGS has some but aren't open when i'm awake and not working and mainly have Home defense rounds. I ended up having to go to a sporting goods store and pay 8-10 bucks more on ammo!! Hell After all the driving around hunting for it the gas alone i would have saved money going with a 40 or 45 cal which are easier to find. Sorry bout the rant this is third time this crap has happened. I know it should get better after the election I'm really hopein it will.
Same here. There's a wal Mart in Darien, il that is always stocked. Shhhhhh. Don't tell n e one. Lol

Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #22

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Just go to http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=9mm+LugerGun-deals ammo.

By the box to by the crate.. They always list the best online deals and you can sort by cost per round including shipping..

Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #23

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert999 View Post
Ya working on that most my friends at the moment seem to have every other caliber .380 .40 .45, or just revolvers one of my friends is thinkin of gettin one will deffinetly work that out when i can thanx for the suggestion

Anybody know a site where they would mix bulk purchases of ammo? i know we could just have em shipped togther to save some money, was wondering if any site that offers 1000+ bulk deals would do half and half??

I don't buy much on line, but I've noticed at times that the price per round is not all that much cheaper when buying 500 rounds or 50 rounds. The real hidden expense is freight. Saw one instance where buying 1 box/50 cost $10 freight & buying 10 boxes of different calibers was only $16!

Maybe you & your buddies could get an order up & share the freight.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #24

Liked 359 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I'm having the same problem as the OP here in central IL. I can regularly go to the Peru, Princeton, Peoria and E. Peoria Wal-Marts. Haven't seen a 100 round Federal box in several weeks. One of the Wal-Marts even took the price tag off the shelf.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #25

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

This issue has actually been big in my search for my first handgun. I've already went to most of the stores in the area to see what they keep in stock. 9mm and .45acp are both plentiful, .357 and .38 are less prevalant and more expensive (I originally wanted a revolver)...that along with the 10 round mag cap. I'll probably get a 1911 in .45.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #26

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
You could talk to the managers at your local walmarts and see if either is willimg to help you out. It cant hurt to ask and explain your situation. Maybe one of em would be wiilling to save a box or two each shipment for you. Worst that can happen is they say no
This is exactly what I did, or rather my wife. She has gotten to be on a first name basis with the Sporting Goods Department Manager at our Wal-Mart Super Center. My wife goes shopping there at least once a week, many times twice. She gave our number to her, and she will call whenever they get a shipment in of the Federal 9 MM, 100 round "Value Packs" in. They go fast and only run $19.97 for a box of 100. As soon as she calls, my wife will take a run down there and pick up several boxes along with whatever groceries she needs. The Sporting Goods Dept. is often empty at that hour in the morning, so she will also ring out her groceries with the ammo. That way she doesn't have to wait in line with all of the cattle. Works out well, and that way we never run out of 9 MM.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Check out his prices.

http://www.jackrossammo.com/9mm/

Old 06-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #28

Liked 56 Times on 53 Posts

Move on down to Texas! Or try Academy sports and outdoors online website.
Sandstorm_Custom_Slings Likes This 
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #29

Bulk ammo most calipers. Cheaperthandirt.com My local shop Has. Cases upon cases. Of ammo Great deals. I usually get 100 round federal for 15 bucks cause they know that's the only plaece I'll spend money

Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #30

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
I buy mine off the internet.
Freedom Munitions Is who I use.

Also Ammo to go
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.