Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > The Real Problem with 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5458 Times on 2850 Posts
Likes Given: 350

You could talk to the managers at your local walmarts and see if either is willimg to help you out. It cant hurt to ask and explain your situation. Maybe one of em would be wiilling to save a box or two each shipment for you. Worst that can happen is they say no

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #12

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms
I don't know about the Wally World near any of you, but the one nearest to me has a two boxes of ammo daily limit per customer. I had stopped by sporting goods the last couple times we were there because they have had Federal 9mm for under $11/box. Nothing else is much more of a bargain ammo wise there any more it seems.
Back when I was a kid Walmart was them called big k and the would put ammo on sale and limit the amounts. My dad would have mom, my two sisters and me buy take it to the car and back in again for round two. And yes back then a 9 year old could by ammo

Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #13

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Just get it online. There are plenty of places that sell 9mm for a decent price.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2691 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 261

With this here newfangled interwebby thang, there is really no excuse for being at the mercy of local retailers for your ammo needs. Ironically, SD ammo was (at one point) sparse locally but fmj practice stuff was everywhere. You don't necessarily need to buy it by the truckload to save money. Find a vendor with decent shipping rates and order enough to at least take the sting out of the shipping costs.
If all else fails, start reloading.

http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/9mm

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 04-28-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #15

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert999 View Post
I bought a handgun in 9mm because of the price and supposed availabilty <Sp>, sorry can't spell. I live in central IL there are Two walmarts and a Farm and Fleet in my area yet i can never find and D@*$ 9mm ammo if i'm lucky they have a box or two LGS has some but aren't open when i'm awake and not working and mainly have Home defense rounds. I ended up having to go to a sporting goods store and pay 8-10 bucks more on ammo!! Hell After all the driving around hunting for it the gas alone i would have saved money going with a 40 or 45 cal which are easier to find. Sorry bout the rant this is third time this crap has happened. I know it should get better after the election I'm really hopein it will.
I find the Winchester white box of 100rd about every third trip to Wallyworld - Course we have Army-Navy store, local FFl, Academy plus several hardware stores too that carry it but its of course a little higher-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Plenty of affordable 9mm for you right HERE.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #17

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Endeavor to Persevere

Isn't a Big K a super K-Mart?!

Anyway, yes, there's a bit of another rush on to get ammo. I hope no-one needs it. Getting it now may be a pain but possible. At election time or after -- who knows what the future holds? But I wouldn't count on it -- when you need it it's too late. Slow but steady wins the race.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #18

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

www.reliantammo.com is really reasonable and you could save more if you buy their reloads.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #19

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Isn't a Big K a super K-Mart?!

Anyway, yes, there's a bit of another rush on to get ammo. I hope no-one needs it. Getting it now may be a pain but possible. At election time or after -- who knows what the future holds? But I wouldn't count on it -- when you need it it's too late. Slow but steady wins the race.
I think they call them big k mart, but not in my younger days. There was a big k and k mart the big k in our town became wal-mart got to remember I'm an old man

Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanx for all the info guys real helpful