Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   raven arms mp25 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/raven-arms-mp25-48619/)

froggyjf 09-22-2011 07:35 PM

raven arms mp25

if i mod the mag to hold 1 more round would this be legal?

Jpyle 09-23-2011 12:20 AM

Depends on where you live. As long as you do not exceed your legal capacity its not a problem.

Bigger issue is why? Screwing around with a gun with a low quality reputation when new is a recipe for disaster, you may wind up with a jam o matic.

HOSSFLY 09-23-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 584619)
Depends on where you live. As long as you do not exceed your legal capacity its not a problem.

Bigger issue is why? Screwing around with a gun with a low quality reputation when new is a recipe for disaster, you may wind up with a jam o matic.

One more round would make it heavy enuff for a good fishing weight :p

rockhouse 09-23-2011 12:46 AM

And I thought I was the only one on earth that had one of these. It's the only firearm of mine that I can get my wife to shoot.

M14sRock 09-23-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhouse (Post 584638)
And I thought I was the only one on earth that had one of these. It's the only firearm of mine that I can get my wife to shoot.

I was given one 25 years ago. Still have it. Great little gun. Not been fired in many years, but never failed to go bang.

Axxe55 09-23-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 584624)
One more round would make it heavy enuff for a good fishing weight :p

amen! i second that! i had a couple of these years ago, glad they are gone!

danf_fl 09-23-2011 10:04 AM

If you ruin the mag in the process, can you get more?

Chainfire 09-23-2011 10:29 AM

I also own a Raven MP-25. It does everything you should ask of a firearm. It goes bang every time you pull the trigger. J.B. Wood, in his comment section said that this was one of the "good ones".

Some folks just can't stand the idea that you can buy a good gun for under $100.00.

Axxe55 09-23-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 584945)
I also own a Raven MP-25. It does everything you should ask of a firearm. It goes bang every time you pull the trigger. J.B. Wood, in his comment section said that this was one of the "good ones".

Some folks just can't stand the idea that you can buy a good gun for under $100.00.

you are entitled to your opinion, just as i am. i spoke from past ownership of two different ones that i owned in the past. i bought one used and one brand new. the new one didn't perform any better than the used one. i tried different brands of ammo to no avail. the guns jammed or would not even chamber some rounds. i tried cleaning the snot out them, no good! just my experiance with these pistols. if you have one that works well for you, that's good and i wish you luck with it.