Range report???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Range report???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Range report???

Pardon me Fellas, but I'm a little new at this forum. Can someone explain to me, what is a "range report"?? And how do I go about submitting one in this forum? I just bought a Springfield XD-40 Sub-compact. Then someone in this forum said: Nice!! Now you know your on for a range report dont you?? Ok, so what do I need to do???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Jay

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnklump View Post
Pardon me Fellas, but I'm a little new at this forum. Can someone explain to me, what is a "range report"?? And how do I go about submitting one in this forum? I just bought a Springfield XD-40 Sub-compact. Then someone in this forum said: Nice!! Now you know your on for a range report dont you?? Ok, so what do I need to do???
Now you get to take it to the range, and give us a full run down on how it shot, any function issues, how'd it feel, are you happy with it, are you accurate with it, did you shoot offhand or from a rest, and like that....

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 09-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

and pictures... we like us some pictures

Here is a report I did a while back.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/range-report-smith-wesson-mp-45-a-16792/

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnklump View Post
Can someone explain to me, what is a "range report"?? And how do I go about submitting one in this forum? I just bought a Springfield XD-40 Sub-compact.
I just (June) bought a Springfield XD-40 sub compact too. I am very, very, very pleased with it. I'm normally a .45 guy for concealed carry, and I've also been a .40 S&W fan for many years and wanted something a bit smaller and lighter for summertime carry.

Very comfortable carry, using either a Fobus paddle OTW holster, or an Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement Super Belt Slide rig. Both provide secure, close to the body placement and easy to cover with an untucked shirt.

Ergonomics are great, and it fits my hand like a glove. I opted for night sights, as with most of my service caliber pistols.

Shoots extremely well, easy muzzle flip recovery and dead-on accuracy. Functions flawlessly with every kind of ammo I've fed it, so far.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved