Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Range memberships? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/range-memberships-3408/)

Samhain 02-22-2008 06:24 PM

Range memberships?

Do you have a membership to a range?
How much are the yearly dues?

The range I was going to charged a $20 day pass.
They stopped doing the day passes...
So I joined the club today.. $540 - per year ($150 start up fee)

I know that is a little high, but the range is only one mile grom my home.
I just want to know what thr range memberships go for through out the country......

I live in Connecticut....

GlenJohnson 02-22-2008 07:39 PM

$250 down here in Florida. Pistols and Rifles.

DoubleAction 02-22-2008 09:49 PM

Up until a few years ago, Our local range was charging $100. for an annual unlimited range membership. When they went up to $250., I started doing something else.

Our range also sold guns, new and used, and I bought guns. I don't buy just any gun, I have my choices and they carried what I liked. Everytime I bought a gun, I would request they trim some off the asking price; whether they did or not, I would remind them of the free range coupons with every gun purchase.
If the counter guy could not come off the asking price for a gun, I tell him to make it up in free range coupons. I would usually get an average of 25 coupons on most purchases. Others, who are more high end customers would get free memberships, plus free coupons afterwards and give me their free coupons.

Most of the time I'm given back my free coupons whenever I use them, as a gesture of courtesy by some of the counter guys I know. With free range time and all the brass I am allowed to shovel in my bag, while helping to clear the floor while I'm shooting, I have beat the cost of shooting by a wide margin.

marysdad 02-22-2008 11:12 PM

I belong to a local club that operates a range. It's an outdoor facility, but very parklike (where they water & mow the grass, etc.). Rifle, pistol, shotgun, & archery. Catch & release fishing pond. Nice big clubhouse. I'm in N. California, so can shoot outdoors year-round unless it's raining. Annual membership is $50 for the family, plus $2 per person, each time we shoot. It's 10 minutes from my house.

Righteous 02-22-2008 11:43 PM

we have 3 main ones, one is like 300 a year, other is a FOP range and is 150 a year, second is a privite gun range I'm trying to egt into now that is 50 a year

ScottG 02-23-2008 02:08 AM

Three outdoor ranges in my area. One is private, but is also open to the public, another is large and open to the public on certain days, and the third is NRA affiliated and costs $125/yr plus NRA membership. Joined the NRA because of that, but never joined the range.

Also my county is planning the largest public range in the US.

matt g 02-23-2008 07:01 AM

I'm an American citizen and pay taxes. I use public lands.

Righteous 02-23-2008 02:24 PM

we have public places that are on public hunting land with only requirment is ya gotta have a hunting license, 2 times i ever went there there were so many nuts shooting it was dangerous as hell so i said forget that. I do have alot of old coal mining land i go to when i relaly wanna open things up or blow up stuff but that land going away everyday due to clubs buying it all

Flint Rock 02-23-2008 02:36 PM

$200 for the first year, $100 renewal. Rifle, pistol, shotgun, and archery.

matt g 02-23-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righteous (Post 17188)
we have public places that are on public hunting land with only requirment is ya gotta have a hunting license, 2 times i ever went there there were so many nuts shooting it was dangerous as hell so i said forget that. I do have alot of old coal mining land i go to when i relaly wanna open things up or blow up stuff but that land going away everyday due to clubs buying it all

Bummer. I have several BLM ranges and shooting areas within a 30 minute drive of where I live.