Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   range bag (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/range-bag-84312/)

timbaland753 02-15-2013 09:04 PM

range bag

I am new shooting handguns and am trying to put together an adequate range bag. What do you guys consider necessary and also what add for personal preference?

jjfuller1 02-15-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbaland753
I am new shooting handguns and am trying to put together an adequate range bag. What do you guys consider necessary and also what add for personal preference?

Eye and ear pro. Otis makes small travel cleaning kits. Ammo, mags and maybe a holster? Oo and targets help 2. Camera?

locutus 02-15-2013 10:45 PM

Ear plugs.
quality ear muffs
shooting glasses
cleaning equipment
silicone gun cloth
B Square gunsmith screwdriver kit or equivalent
shop cloths
zip lock bags
wet wipes
target pasters
red targ-dots if shooting rifles

Canteen and candy bar optional.:)

JonM 02-15-2013 11:23 PM

ammunition??

i keep a sectional 22cal cleaning rod
ear prot.
camera
pen
targets
hollowground screwdriver set
wheeler fat wrench
mini levels
calipers
guns
range flag
towel

cant think of anything else

aandabooks 02-16-2013 02:26 AM

I keep some of what has been mentioned. What hasn't is a stapler. Absolutely essential where I shoot.

GeneralPatton 02-16-2013 03:02 AM

Depending on what I'm taking to the range on that given day depends on what else I take.

On a visit for handguns I take:

Eyes
Ears
targets
ammo
small Winchester smith kit
1-2 mags

For my AR

Eyes
Ears
targets
Small Winchester smith kit
bags or boxes to reclaim my brass
5 mags

Additional stuff I sometimes take depending on the purpose of my visit

Rick1967 02-16-2013 03:57 AM

Eyes and ears.
I also carry a sectional cleaning rod. Not actually for cleaning. I use it to free a stuck case now and then.
10 way screw driver
Staple gun and staples.
Target pasties
Bipod.
Lots of extra magazines.
A deck of cards. I staple them onto sillohette targets where the heart would be.
Binoculars.

winds-of-change 02-16-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1139539)
I keep some of what has been mentioned. What hasn't is a stapler. Absolutely essential where I shoot.

Good point. I was down in Kentucky shooting with Stalkingbear. A young couple shows up and we call a cease fire so they can set up. They are very embarrassed as it was the first time they were at the range and had no targets. They thought they'd be able to buy targets there. But it was just an outdoor range with no clubhouse. I had lots of extras so I gave them 2-3. They go out to the target stand and again, they're kind of standing there. They didn't have a staple gun. 'Bear goes out and helps them staple their targets to the stand. I felt sorry for them. They were very embarrassed. But I assured them they needn't be embarrassed and it won't ever happen to them again.

Intheshop 02-16-2013 09:34 AM

Lots of good info above.

I like to have two sets of ear muffs.Can't say how many times someone new to shooting has been around(happens pretty frequently)and having an extra set makes a huge,positive impact.

danf_fl 02-16-2013 09:51 AM

Add:
Sun Blocker and Band-Aids.