questions about hi-point firearms - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > questions about hi-point firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbryce View Post
I am looking for information about hi point firearms. I was wondering if there was anybody that could give me any information about them. I'm thinking about buying one.
Here you go...
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/hi-point-pistols-46201/

Old 09-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #12

Hi-point hand guns are bulky because the straight blowback simple system used needs a slide with enough inertia to stay close until the bullet is well underway an pressure has dropped low enough to allow extraction and ejection of the case. This system uses a fixed barrel, so the guns are fairly accurate, and quite reliable for the dollar spent. A coworker got a .45 as a bear repellant gun when moving to western Montana. Don't think he ever got the idea that his life and limb was worth more than $179.95!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lief69
Hi-point hand guns are bulky because the straight blowback simple system used needs a slide with enough inertia to stay close until the bullet is well underway an pressure has dropped low enough to allow extraction and ejection of the case. This system uses a fixed barrel, so the guns are fairly accurate, and quite reliable for the dollar spent. A coworker got a .45 as a bear repellant gun when moving to western Montana. Don't think he ever got the idea that his life and limb was worth more than $179.95!!!
For the price you can't beat them. Around 100 dollars for a 9mm, around 140 for a .40 S&W, and 179.95 for a .45. We have never had a single problem with my dads at all. He uses them just as range guns and has them in various places just in case.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #14

Liked 2014 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 1344

I had a 45. For what it cost it was a great gun. Does it compare with my Smith and Wessons? Of course not!!! Would I defend myself with it if it was all I had or could afford? Yes I would.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #15

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
I have a 995TS and I have mixed feelings about it. The firearm is a 9mm carbine, which is nice because I have lots of 9mm ammo. It looks intimidating, is pretty easy to handle, is compact and made in America. I'd talk about it's accuracy, recoil, and ease in cleaning if I had the chance to fire it. My first time loading the 10 round magazine resulted in the plastic cap on the end popping off and scattering 9mm rounds all over the floor. When I tried calling the 800 number, I was relayed to a voicemail box (even though it was within business hours) and no one called me back. I sent an email to the address provided over 2 weeks ago, and still nothing. However, I did order a mag holder and 2 extra clips and oddly, those showed up very quickly.

I'm looking forward to trying out my 9mm carbine, and will post a comment on it shortly thereafter.
Honestly, this says more to me than anything else. I agree that you get what you pay for. I also agree that I wouldn't trust one with my life. I think that BigByrd47119's & sweeper22's posts are relevant to that respect.

That being said, I can live with a lack luster product when I'm paying that price. I can forgive failures. I cannot forgive a company that will NOT back up their product. For that I wouldn't give them a dime of my money.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 AM   #16

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

How much is a walmart mountain bike??

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis