Question regarding gifting a handgun in CA - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Question regarding gifting a handgun in CA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael421 View Post
Thanks again to those who helped. The rest of you made an amazing first impression of this forum. I ask a simple question and in less than 15 posts, get called names, insulted, and somehow the discussion turns to politics.
You know what the first impression you should have got was? Had you gone to the Introduction Section and posted a hi, my name is Michael..............., this is what you would have got in response:

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself! << NOTE

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Welcome All, Please Read << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 12-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #22

Well, I guess it won't be as easy as finding the perfect HK P7 PT8 at a show, buying it in VA, and then giving it to my best friend in California for his birthday? We're both in our 40s. How about if I buy it, fly to San Francisco, have him meet my at a FFL dealer, and then go through the process of transferring it? Is that the best way? Of course the whole, "buy it, gift it, and shut the hell up" sounds pretty good to me.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooga View Post
Well, I guess it won't be as easy as finding the perfect HK P7 PT8 at a show, buying it in VA, and then giving it to my best friend in California for his birthday? We're both in our 40s. How about if I buy it, fly to San Francisco, have him meet my at a FFL dealer, and then go through the process of transferring it? Is that the best way? Of course the whole, "buy it, gift it, and shut the hell up" sounds pretty good to me.
Going through a ffl is the best way.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #24

Liked 987 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Here's what I would do; I would let my son pick out a gun. I would buy it, and keep it in my possession and control, but take him out and let him shoot it when he wanted to. When he turned 21, I would go down to the gun shop and transfer it legally. That should meet everyone's requirements and desires.......