Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Question About Star .45 Automatic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Question About Star .45 Automatic

I just posted my introduction. I'm not sure if this was the place to post this or not. I hope so.

I did mention in my intro that I know very little about guns. I've never even handled a gun before. I come from a family that is very anti-gun. We never had anything to do with them. None of my friends are interested in guns either.

I thought this board would be a great place to learn more about firearms. I bought a couple of books at a used bookstore that were about this mercenary called Jim Rainey. These books were by Soldier of Fortune. The character's favorite gun was a Star .45 automatic. I've never heard of this gun at all. Does anybody have an opinion on it? I would love to learn more about it. Also sometimes he used the gun with a silencer. Can this gun use a silencer or not? I know sometimes books and movies get everything wrong. Is this gun easily concealed or not? Thanks. I appreciate your insights.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

(I'm going to ignore the feeling I have that you're to young to own a gun.)

Star's are decent guns built in Spain. The company went out of business quite a few years ago and parts for these guns are hard to find.

Any gun can be made to work with a silencer if you pay the appropriate fees to own one.

Any gun can be concealed with the right holster/belt/mode of dress combo.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I have a Star in 9mm. Nice little gun. Very concealable. I'll post a photo.

The Star is a 1911 clone. so it is patterened off of a great platform. IMO it would do best for you to look for a good new 1911 rather than try finding a used gun that is no longer supported.

star1.jpg  

Old 09-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Jo, I used to have a Star BM in 9mm and it was a fantastic little gun. As parts are very hard to find (even mags), I sold it before I broke anything. It's a shame they aren't supported as Star made some very nice guns...