Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Question About FN Five-seveN (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/question-about-fn-five-seven-17851/)

Hal Bass 09-09-2009 03:18 AM

Question About FN Five-seveN

Hello. You may call me Hal.

Anyway, I have a simple question about the FN Five-seveN.

Is is possible to attach a suppressor, are there any suppressors produced for it, and even can it be fitted with a threaded barrel?

IGETEVEN 09-09-2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hal Bass (Post 157188)

Is is possible to attach a suppressor, are there any suppressors produced for it, and even can it be fitted with a threaded barrel?

Hello Hall and welcome to the FT forum. Now before I answer your question, could you please swing by the Introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself and your firearms interests. Also please read the Newcomer's Guide post above the thread. We like to know something about you before our knowledgeable members answer your questions.

That said, the 5.7x28mm standard cartridge for military and law enforcement, was originally designed for the modern battlefield where troops may be wearing body armor and the capability to penetrate it. Conventional pistol or sub machine gun rounds may be ineffective. Currently the only firearms chambered for this cartridge are the Five-seven pistol, the FN P90 personal defense weapon, the FN PS90 carbine, and the AR-57, which is an upper receiver for M16/AR-15 rifles. The SS192 is still used by the special forces in the fully automatic P90. That will be all for now. ;)

Jack

IGETEVEN 09-09-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hal Bass (Post 157188)

Thanks for swinging by the Introductions thread and telling us a little something about yourself and your firearms Hal. Now the answer to your question sir:
In early 1998, Gemtech developed the SFN-57 suppressor specifically for this weapon at the request of FN Manufacturing. It is threaded M10x1mm for the factory extended threaded barrel, but it also fits the aftermarket Jarvis barrels. You may have to buy the extra barrel if the one you have is not threaded. This suppressor has an overall length of 6 and a Total weight of 5.3 Ounces. This suppressor requires Class 3 FFL.

Jack

Hal Bass 09-09-2009 09:45 PM

OH, I see.

Hey thank you, man. I've been trying to figure that out since the dark ages.
I think now I can finally say that I will be buying one of these.

And, oddly enough, I have the same questions about the Steyr-M and Barreta U22.

(As you can tell, I sure do love supressed handguns.)

IGETEVEN 09-09-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hal Bass (Post 157462)
Hey thank you, man. I've been trying to figure that out since the dark ages.
I think now I can finally say that I will be buying one of these.

And, oddly enough, I have the same questions about the Steyr-M and Barreta U22.

(As you can tell, I sure do love suppressed handguns.)

If you do not mind the question, why sir? :confused:

Jack

Hal Bass 09-10-2009 01:42 AM

Explanation.

Well, specifically, I have always believed that stealth and brilliance can overcome brute force and rashness. And while I recognize the depleted stopping power of the sub-sonic rounds used in sound suppression, I also say that there are not many things around that can take a well placed shot, even with excessive armor. For these reasons, I have always advocated accuracy over rate of fire, and adaptability over stopping power.

Plus they look really bloody cool.;)

IGETEVEN 09-10-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hal Bass (Post 157546)
Well, specifically, I have always believed that stealth and brilliance can overcome brute force and rashness. And while I recognize the depleted stopping power of the sub-sonic rounds used in sound suppression, I also say that there are not many things around that can take a well placed shot, even with excessive armor. For these reasons, I have always advocated accuracy over rate of fire, and adaptability over stopping power.

Plus they look really bloody cool.;)

Well Hal with that answer you have queried my curiosity as to why you would want to shoot through armor or flak vest or anything else that would be protected. Don't get me wrong here, I too believe in accuracy of a well placed shot and stealth of suppression to excessive rate of fire. In my own personal experience, myself and others needed that exact, well planned tactic, but it was in the military. Unless I missed something here, you sir are a civilian and I see no mention of a Class III FFL in your possession. This forum and the members here are not inclined to give out information that is against the law or place this forum at risk of abetting a person in illegal activities and agendas.

I think that it would be best, until we here on the forum know you a little better and your intentions, that I suspend my information to you at this time concerning suppressed weapons. You may search your requested information on the web about suppressing the other two firearms. I will gladly assist you, as will any other forum members, in any other firearm related questions, but due to the nature of the and legalities involved in suppressed weapons and armor piercing ammo, I feel that we can not address any more information concerning them and their use. ;)

Jack

canebrake 09-10-2009 03:48 AM

I'm uncomfortable with the direction of this thread.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/padlock2.gif