Px4 Beretta a decent gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Px4 Beretta a decent gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Px4 Beretta a decent gun?

I was at my local gun shop looking for ideas on what to get next and I came accross a Beretta Px4. I don't know why but it felt better in my hand then any other gun I've held. It just felt natural.

So I'm interested but I have never heard anything about it. Not on this site or from any of the other shooters I know. Does anyone out there have an experience with this firearm? I don't want to wright off a gun because it doesn't have a cult following like some (..cough...glock..1911 ). But in this economy any new gun is a big purchase so I want to be careful.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I'm not a big Beretta fan, no reason other than personal vice control, but someone will be along soon to help you out.

What I can tell you is when someone tells me "I don't know why but it felt better in my hand then any other gun I've held. It just felt natural." you have completed 50%+ in your search for "YOUR" handgun!

All guns you pick up from now on will be compared to the Px4.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Shoot one, see how she runs for you, then buy it. It it feels more natural than anything else you've ever held, then it may be destiny.

I have no experience with the pistol, but I can tell you that Beretta consistently builds high quality firearms.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #4

Didn't I read a recent press release somewhere about the Maryland State Police just making the switch over to the PX4?

That'd be a good vote of confidence if I remember it correctly.

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #5

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

"What I can tell you is when someone tells me "I don't know why but it felt better in my hand then any other gun I've held. It just felt natural." you have completed 50%+ in your search for "YOUR" handgun!"

that is so true. When I bought my used sig p6 it felt like it was made for my hand. Price was great also.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought one of these a couple of years ago and I love it. The fact that it has the interchangeable back straps was also a good feature for me. I had a similar response when I picked it up the first time, it just felt right. I've put several thousand rounds through mine without any problems. Great gun and very reliable!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #7

After 3500 rounds not a single problem! very easy firearm to shoot, clean, take apart etc... Like others have said, just go to a pistol range that will allow to rent one "keep in mind, most places only allow there ammo to be shot" so it can cost a bit to rent and shoot. But overall no matter who says what here, that is the best way to make a final decision.. IMO you will love it!

"complaints are really just others opportunities"

bring back W.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #8

Thanks for the feedback everyone. There is no substitute for first hand experience so I really appreciate the comments. I plan on renting one this weekend to see how it shoots.

A buddy of mine who shoots was saying the Px4's mag is compatible with the Cx4 Carbine Beretta makes as well. I've seen the Cx4 at my local gun shop and it looks interesting. Not to hijack my own thread but does anyone know anything about the Cx4 and if it's a quality gun. The compatibility of mags makes me wonder if this line would make a good SHTF gun system.

(I can hear my wife now..one gun leads to another and another...)

Old 07-24-2009, 03:15 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know it depends on what CX4 you buy. certain CX4's use either a PX4, 92fs, 8000, or Beretta 96 Magazine. I believe the only one that can use the PX4 Magazine is the 9mm version. I do not personally own one but I've heard they are very good guns, but a bit on the pricey side. They seem to run about $650 around here at the gun shows. They seem to be just as reliable as the PX4 though, so it would be worth it to me! and interchangeable magazines with the px4 is another huge plus.