Purchased a super, super cheap recession buster pistol (JCP .40) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Purchased a super, super cheap recession buster pistol (JCP .40)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
As you can see I use mine frequently. Actually I have made a game of chambering one and while watching evening TV I practice my trigger brake and sight picture by shooting actors on screen. The worse the show the more practice I get in. It's great therapy!
That's great "therapy" ,lol!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Those are the inert snap-caps. You've never seen them before???

P.S. I'm thinking of naming it "Bubba". Every time I look at that thing, I chuckle, then comment to myself how ugly it is...lol.
I haven't seen any like those SGT-M... I have clear ones, and aluminum ones, but no red ones. Bubba is a good name!

Old 05-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankStone View Post
I hope it doesn't jam when you need it,and I mean that straightforward not snide.
My .380 hasn't jammed once in about 5k rds and has had no work done to it what so ever.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Do your gun('s firing pin) a favor and get a 5 pack of these;

Attachment 3114

Attachment 3116

As you can see I use mine frequently. Actually I have made a game of chambering one and while watching evening TV I practice my trigger break and sight picture by shooting actors on screen. The worse the show the more practice I get in. It's great therapy!

It's great to load them randomly when at the range to check for flinch! You'd be surprised what you will find.

Attachment 3115

MidwayUSA - A-ZOOM Action Proving Dummy, Snap Cap 40 S&W Aluminum Package of 5
A-Zoom Snap Caps 5/PK - .40S&W - Top Gun Supply
A-Zoom 15114 A-Zoom Snap Caps 40 S&W 5Pk
I never thought of using them at the range, that is a good tip. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Check out my little customization thread in the semi-auto pistol forum. I gave the cheap Hi-Point a totally new look for almost nothing.

I gave the internals other big cleaning (I managed to get some more gunk outta there), and the weapon actually cycles a little smoother.

I am really tempted on getting a dremel tool with a nice little polishing wheel, and going over the feed ramp once more, and over all the surfaces of the slide that meet with the frame (contact points underneath the slide). I'm thinking that I can make this piece a decent functioning firearm (it already functions decent, but I want it to be a little smoother if that's possible).

The catch is I'm trying to do it without hardly spending any money at all.

Main goal is how reliable of a pistol can I possibly end up with while not spending hardly any money on upgrades or 'smithing. It's my hopes to post more results to the other members on this forum for future reference.

These days, it's hard to afford anything, and it would be nice to be able to at least get something that can perform the basic tasks of defense of life / property.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sgt, it will be interesting to see what you can do, a little polishing in the right places might make a huge difference.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 31

after you shoot it a few times you just might like it.

i own a 40 - 380 and 995 carbine from high point. like em all. had some trouble with winchester shells jamming so i sent it in. repaired and returned in 2 weeks. pistols shoot fine.

between me my cuzins and grandpa lets see.

i own the 3

gramps has 45, 40 in green, 380
cuz 40 his dad has 9mm
cuz 9mm
cuz 45, 9mm, 380, 9mm carbine
buddie 9mm pistol and carbine

none of them have had trouble yet. seems most who hate them dont even own them lol. all guns have issues with loose mags, jamming ect.... seems highpoints only querk is looks. i have big hands and at 250 the weight doesnt bother me.

by the way. great deal you got. enjoy the heck out of it.

if you have trouble send gun to iberia firearms 3929 st. rt 309 Galion OH 44833 9408.

you cant beat a lifetime warrenty. shoot the heck out of it and be worry free.

heres my pistols. 40 with bsa lazer

mine.jpg  

Last edited by mosin man; 06-04-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #18

Default hi-point

I bought the 9 compact?.since I got it at wholesale I paid $79 that was the price then,and retailed at $139.never had a problem except it wont shoot lead.does not bother me as I have couple thousand 9 mm any way.be carefull
with that dremel.reminds me of the H&R and IVER JOHNSON guns they were made for protection and did that very well.I wish they still made break actions.quick to load and unload.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

A quick little update on my JCP 40.

Still no problems whatsoever. I am pretty much convinced that I lucked out and got a good running firearm. I have upgraded it from "plinker" to an additional "home defender".

It only malfunctioned once (FTF) and that is only because I made a good effort to try and get it to jam up. I think it speaks good for the pistol if it takes the owner some actual effort to make it jam.

It's not on the level of my Ruger or my Springfield, but I'm happy with it.