protection - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
While I think I understand the point you're trying to make it isn't suppose to be a lawful defenders intention to kill his attacker .

It is suppose to be to make him break of his attack on his victim , that to the best of my knowledge is the extent of the limit we are suppose to use deadly force .
Just where did you hear this at?

Old 09-24-2008, 01:40 AM   #42

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
**Overheard a conversation in the DA's office where I was working on a brown out condition when the shooter was being informed he WASN'T be charged with homicide.**

I believe the phrase used was "I was in fear for my life and I only fired to get the deceased to stop trying to hurt me and my family"

If ever questioned by the authorities: "My weapon is for repelling. Not ever for chasing or trying to prove something" This phrase will treat you well...

JD

Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 AM   #43

Quote:
Actually I didn't Hear it at all I have read it many times in gun magazine articles written by Massad Ayoob .

He has been training people including Police officers in the use of deadly force for a few decades now and has written Books and many articles on the subject .

I personally knew a TO for a local PD that was sent out of town train under the man by his department .

Old 09-24-2008, 03:07 AM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well I have never noticed the police around here to do anything but Spray&Pray, I figure if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me too.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 AM   #45

Quote:
Well I have never noticed the police around here to do anything but Spray&Pray, I figure if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me too.
Uh not a good thin to emulated there friend .

The Police have a little thing called a Union that will provide them with a lawyer if they hit the wrong person and laws that if they are acting within their powers set up to protect them from being wiped out in a suit .

The dirtbags can't go after a cops house in many instances , yours they can and will with your typical car chasing scumbag attorney .

Old 09-24-2008, 06:59 AM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Uh not a good thin to emulated there friend .

The Police have a little thing called a Union that will provide them with a lawyer if they hit the wrong person and laws that if they are acting within their powers set up to protect them from being wiped out in a suit .

The dirtbags can't go after a cops house in many instances , yours they can and will with your typical car chasing scumbag attorney .
Sounds like all the more reason to make sure the perp is dead, dead, dead!