Proof! - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Proof!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post
You've heard the saying "There's a sucker born every minute..." Well, that buyer must be about 5 minutes worth!!! I've never heard of anyone who has ever had, shot, or even handled one having a good word to say about an RG.
mine has been great,,, really,, guess i just got lucky,,, like i said,, i have over 1k rounds threw mine and its been handed down to me so there is no telling the real round count,,,, please tell me,, how could a snub nose .22lr revolver go bad

it clocks perfect every time and the hammer strikes hard enough every time

so i have said some thing good about the "one" that i own so there lol

Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathantc View Post
why are they junk,,, i have one passed down to me when my grandpa died,, i knew it wasnt worth much but hell,, over 1000 rounds threw it in my hands with no issue,,, is it considered junk cause its ugly and cheap

i like the fact that it fits in my pocket when im out fishing or camping (even though my .40s&w HK P-30 is always with me

it goes bang every time and shoots surprisingly accurate but is louder than my .40 lol
see,, told ya i had good to say about it lol

Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Inferior metal, inferior tooling, inferior parts, inferior manufacturing, inferior quality control = inferior gun. They "might" work fine until they don't. Just hope it's not in your hand when that happens.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #34

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Inferior metal, inferior tooling, inferior parts, inferior manufacturing, inferior quality control = inferior gun. They "might" work fine until they don't. Just hope it's not in your hand when that happens.
Absolfreekinglutly
Its not IF - Its WHEN
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #35

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
I refuse to accept the idea that there could possibly be a RG collector out there
I didn't say it could have been a RG collector, maybe a midnight special collector, or just someone that thought it would look neat in their revolver collection. Value, as is beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Besides "auctions" are more about obtaining something that setting the value of something. I personally would never own a Picasso or a Salvador Dali, I just don't like their paintings, but look at what they go for at auction (crazy).

Jim

Back in the 1970's I owned a nickel plated Iver Johnson top break 38 Spl, I also owned a S&W model 27, there was no comparison as to which was the better quality, but the Iver Johnson was a neat looking revolver, not one that I would take to the range to shoot.

Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by bigjim; 04-24-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I refuse to accept the idea that there could possibly be a RG collector out there
Some people carry a real grudge over the Brady bill. I figure there are some hardcore Brady haters out there with walls covered in small cheap revolvers and pictures of Jodie Foster and John Hinkley, Jr.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #37

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Bought two of them NIB a few years ago for $75. A retired lady found them in a bedroom closet after her husband died. Never been shot and still had all the paperwork. I got them from a mutual friend who was selling them for her since she didn't want them.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #38
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1464 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Everyone here assumes the bidder has the intention of shooting the gun. It's possible that he is collecting every .22 ever made and it's going to be under glass the rest of its life. Or an NRA instructor bought it and a Raven .25 to use as examples of "Saturday Night Specials" to NOT use for self-defense. Maybe it was an ex-RG employee who was nostalgic. We never know what the intentions are of other people and it's important not to superimpose our values on them.

Did anyone consider that a millionaire member of the Brady Campaign may be buying up guns one at a time to melt them down? Now you're wishing the auction got $350 so the seller could put it towards a new Glock!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Everyone here assumes the bidder has the intention of shooting the gun. It's possible that he is collecting every .22 ever made and it's going to be under glass the rest of its life. Or an NRA instructor bought it and a Raven .25 to use as examples of "Saturday Night Specials" to NOT use for self-defense. Maybe it was an ex-RG employee who was nostalgic. We never know what the intentions are of other people and it's important not to superimpose our values on them.

Did anyone consider that a millionaire member of the Brady Campaign may be buying up guns one at a time to melt them down? Now you're wishing the auction got $350 so the seller could put it towards a new Glock!
eh,, i say melt the glock too
axxe55 Likes This