Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Proof!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathantc View Post
why are they junk,,, i have one passed down to me when my grandpa died,, i knew it wasnt worth much but hell,, over 1000 rounds threw it in my hands with no issue,,, is it considered junk cause its ugly and cheap

i like the fact that it fits in my pocket when im out fishing or camping (even though my .40s&w HK P-30 is always with me

it goes bang every time and shoots surprisingly accurate but is louder than my .40 lol
Everyone has a nose. I've had to resign to accepting this fact of life.

You may very well have been a lucky one here. Sounds like others have gotten rotten apples with poorly rotating cylinders and other problems.

Wouldn't stop me from buying one and seeing for myself! Lol

Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #22

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Everyone has a nose. I've had to resign to accepting this fact of life.

You may very well have been a lucky one here. Sounds like others have gotten rotten apples with poorly rotating cylinders and other problems.

Wouldn't stop me from buying one and seeing for myself! Lol
thats always a possibility

but thanks to this thread i have taken it out and cleaned all the dust and the spider egg from the barrel and went out and put another 60 rounds thew it,,, its a fun lil devil,,, haven't had much need for it now that i got a .410 derringer type pistol for snake control

its been sitting up for a at least 7 years lol

Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3590 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

I like the idea of cheap guns, to an extent. Especially revolvers. I'm not saying its my desire to go out and see how many cheap POS guns I can buy for $1000, but I just like the idea of cheap guns out there for people who maybe can't afford an even moderately priced handgun.

I've never heard of RG until I saw this thread, but I do think its a bit unfair to judge the brand off of one or two experiences with a specific gun. What I mean is if someone has only owned a single RG in their life, and it was a POS, well I don't think the brand should be judged too harshly. Maybe that person just has a lemon. Even S&W has had one or two lemon revolvers over the years.

I'm not trying to defend RG here. Remember that I've never heard of the brand. I'm just giving my two cents.

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16827 Times on 9751 Posts
Likes Given: 43886

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
I like the idea of cheap guns, to an extent. Especially revolvers. I'm not saying its my desire to go out and see how many cheap POS guns I can buy for $1000, but I just like the idea of cheap guns out there for people who maybe can't afford an even moderately priced handgun.

I've never heard of RG until I saw this thread, but I do think its a bit unfair to judge the brand off of one or two experiences with a specific gun. What I mean is if someone has only owned a single RG in their life, and it was a POS, well I don't think the brand should be judged too harshly. Maybe that person just has a lemon. Even S&W has had one or two lemon revolvers over the years.

I'm not trying to defend RG here. Remember that I've never heard of the brand. I'm just giving my two cents.
JW, you might want to Google RG handguns first. then come back and make another comment about them.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3590 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
JW, you might want to Google RG handguns first. then come back and make another comment about them.
Like I said, I'm not defending RG. I understand that some brands typically just produce bad quality guns. *shrug* I dunno.

I'm also not saying I would own any guns or brands that have bad reputations, but that's partially because I do extensive research on any gun that I buy nowadays, but also because I'm smart enough with my money to save up/wait for the gun that I want.

I guess my overall point with brands is that for someone who can't afford much better, and who likely won't be able to in the foreseeable future, I don't see the problem with buying a cheap gun if you hold it and test it (dry firing - most people aren't gonna let you test fire it before you buy unless you're renting, of course).

Now, is that price for that RG an extravagantly high price? Probably. Like I said, I don't know the brand so all I can do is go off what you guys and others say on the internets. What I do know is when I personally say "cheap gun" I'm talking more in the $50 range.

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16827 Times on 9751 Posts
Likes Given: 43886

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
Like I said, I'm not defending RG. I understand that some brands typically just produce bad quality guns. *shrug* I dunno.

I'm also not saying I would own any guns or brands that have bad reputations, but that's partially because I do extensive research on any gun that I buy nowadays, but also because I'm smart enough with my money to save up/wait for the gun that I want.

I guess my overall point with brands is that for someone who can't afford much better, and who likely won't be able to in the foreseeable future, I don't see the problem with buying a cheap gun if you hold it and test it (dry firing - most people aren't gonna let you test fire it before you buy unless you're renting, of course).

Now, is that price for that RG an extravagantly high price? Probably. Like I said, I don't know the brand so all I can do is go off what you guys and others say on the internets. What I do know is when I personally say "cheap gun" I'm talking more in the $50 range.
$50 would be paying too much for one!......
Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #27

Liked 188 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 153

In todays market, I would say $75.00 would be fair. Must be a collector to pay $185.00.

Jim

Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #28

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
In todays market, I would say $75.00 would be fair. Must be a collector to pay $185.00.

Jim
im sure it was an impulse buy,,, like it or not all of us (over the age of 30) have done it at least once (even if not firearm related) and lived to regret it
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #29

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post

Jim
I refuse to accept the idea that there could possibly be a RG collector out there

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #30

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Almost $185. Insane for a piece of junk. Maybe the buyer going to turn it in at a weapon buy out for a profit.
You've heard the saying "There's a sucker born every minute..." Well, that buyer must be about 5 minutes worth!!! I've never heard of anyone who has ever had, shot, or even handled one having a good word to say about an RG.