Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Posting Gun Pictures Online (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/posting-gun-pictures-online-103257/)

Polygon 01-25-2014 05:16 PM

Posting Gun Pictures Online

How does everyone here about posting pictures of their guns online?

Jagermeister 01-25-2014 05:22 PM

If you are asking how I feel about posting guns online, I say pretty good. Why? I like to share with people around the world. I get to see firearms and accessories normally not accessible in Germany. Especially a lot of the American companies. I also like to see the pics of the mechanics of the firearms.

Polygon 01-25-2014 05:28 PM

Same here!

I've just become concerned about privacy online and about how posting said pictures online could effect me. I had an entire album on Facebook of my guns and stuff I do when shooting, but I deleted it yesterday.

25-5 01-25-2014 05:35 PM

Although I do not agree with the show all, tell all post. (I don't know who is watching.)
I am interested in seeing and sharing photos of members different treasures. The only problem is seeing a firearm you didn't need before, but now become a must have.

John_Deer 01-25-2014 05:37 PM

I repost pictures I have already posted online. I am not posting any further pictures of my guns. I have already deleted any firearms photos from my facebook account.

Jagermeister 01-25-2014 05:38 PM

I understand. I guess if you have pics holding guns like a gangster or something, maybe a lawyer will use it against you in a self-defense trial. I do not live in the US, so I do not worry about the gun grabbing libtards who support the criminal over the victim. How does the other forum members feel about this.....:confused:

Polygon 01-25-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1491299)
I understand. I guess if you have pics holding guns like a gangster or something, maybe a lawyer will use it against you in a self-defense trial.

Hahaha!

Nothing like that. :)

DrFootball 01-25-2014 06:15 PM

Posting Gun Pictures Online

I stopped doing it for the same reasons, but if ya ask nicely I might send an e-Mail...or a drop box invite,...
I have no prob. with showing my Knife & Light collection,..any part of it I can get into the iPhone shot...and I took all(just about) off my facebook account because on of my Ex-BizPartners thinks i need "Mental Health" Help(he told MzGrn on the phone I must be crazy and I need Help....) , But not before he asked me "when I was giving him one of "those" because he is constantly "Threatened" By people who don't like his politics. I told him "go get a License and you can Buy your own since you make Thousands of $$$ a Month With your Blogs playing Both sides against the Middle......

Doc3402 01-25-2014 06:24 PM

I don't do it. I look at some of the people I see sitting with their collection spread out around them and I wonder how long it will be before that collection is stolen.

trip286 01-25-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25-5 (Post 1491296)
Although I do not agree with the show all, tell all post. (I don't know who is watching.)
I am interested in seeing and sharing photos of members different treasures. The only problem is seeing a firearm you didn't need before, but now become a must have.

I agree with this. It's one thing to post an heirloom or a highly sought after rarity, or even just a run of the mill tool that you're particularly fond of.

But listing everything in your safe, in photos or even text? No thanks. Just like y'all don't know the color of every pair of drawers I own, you'll also never know every gun I have owned, will own, or currently own. In my opinion, that's just not public business, for MANY reasons.

I posted sometime last year about how easy it is to track someone down via seemingly harmless and ubiquitous information, and gave an example. Long story short, in the particular instance that I used as an example, I was cut off by a soccer mom with an attitude while driving (DWB: driving while bitchy). within minutes of digging, starting with nothing but the stickers on her back window which gave her kid's names and the dance school they go to, along with the fact that she was leaving a local middle school, I was able to find out where they live, they had no dog, likely no alarm system, the parents' occupation, and that they and the younger child were going out of town for the weekend, and leaving their 15 year old daughter at home alone.

Now, that was merely an exercise in academics, conducted by a half educated redneck with no ill intent to prove a point. It's also how I tracked down my ex wife when she kidnapped my son.

Imagine someone doing this WITH ill intent. NOW stop and consider how much information you post about your possessions online.

My opinion, it's no different than stacking Christmas trash by the curb. No need to let the whole world know what's inside your house.