Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Post Office Carry at 11pm with 24 hr box access.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1336 Times on 927 Posts
Likes Given: 656

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesaver View Post
Thanks for the replies. Actually I am following the law to the letter(pun intended).

So no "knife free" zone there....
Seriously, if you feel unsafe after hours in the dark, implement the #1 rule of personal security - don't go there.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

You have to admit that disarming yourself to ship thousands of dollars worth of guns is stupid.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #23

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Who ships guns at the post office in the middle of the night at a PO that's in a bad neighborhood?

I'm of the understanding most gun shipments go via UPS or Fed Ex, they along with the usps offer pick up and more then one location to drop off.

If one puts their self in a dangerous situation, they have not caused the bad thing to happen but they have contributed at the very least.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Who ships guns at the post office in the middle of the night at a PO that's in a bad neighborhood?

I'm of the understanding most gun shipments go via UPS or Fed Ex, they along with the usps offer pick up and more then one location to drop off.

If one puts their self in a dangerous situation, they have not caused the bad thing to happen but they have contributed at the very least.
I'm my experience neighborhoods don't just "get dangerous" after 5pm. Nobody is using a po box to ship guns.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
You have to admit that disarming yourself to ship thousands of dollars worth of guns is stupid. better judged by twelve than carried by six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I'm my experience neighborhoods don't just "get dangerous" after 5pm. Nobody is using a po box to ship guns. better judged by twelve than carried by six.
Then I'm confused as to why one would disarm to ship thousands if dollars worth of guns.. I must be missing something!?

DISCE PATI

Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #26

Liked 307 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
You know the PC answer, why bother asking. It is a federal property, and the owner said no. But if need be, ever, you know the saying - better be judged by 12...
I know Exactly what you mean and I agree.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #27

I think the tax on this bubble gum is unfair, it's only a nickel, no one will know I took it and no one will ever miss it, so I'll just take it..

DISCE PATI

Old 12-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #28

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I don't know about other states, but here in Utah simply posting a something that it's a gun free zone doesn't matter. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. Unless you refuse, then they can call the cops.

However, a post office is a different animal. Here in Utah you aren't allowed to carry into any federal or state government buildings. That includes the post office. I don't know the kind of punishment you might receive but I doubt they will simply ask you to leave.

That's not something I ignore. I never take my gun into the post office. That's my advice, for what it's worth.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
I don't know about other states, but here in Utah simply posting a something that it's a gun free zone doesn't matter. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. Unless you refuse, then they can call the cops.

However, a post office is a different animal. Here in Utah you aren't allowed to carry into any federal or state government buildings. That includes the post office. I don't know the kind of punishment you might receive but I doubt they will simply ask you to leave.

That's not something I ignore. I never take my gun into the post office. That's my advice, for what it's worth.
For what it's worth, a post office is technically not a federal building. That's why they specify post office under it's own code. Also, for what it's worth, Postal Service Regulations do not specify building, they specify post office property. There is case law on the books concerning an arrest, conviction, and failed appeal of an employee that left his gun in the car, in a lock box, in the post office parking lot.

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/unpub/08/08-31197.0.wpd.pdf

Old 12-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #30
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1657 Times on 1010 Posts
Likes Given: 1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
You know that ranks right up there with "Hold my beer and watch this...." ?
Why does that phrase bring electricity and yellow liquid to mind?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/