Post Office Carry at 11pm with 24 hr box access. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Post Office Carry at 11pm with 24 hr box access.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The sentence if convicted is no less than 1 year in prison and a fine. Is 2 minutes worth the risk.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Concealed-carry-in-a-post-office-may-lead-to-rude-awakening

Old 12-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Actually I am following the law to the letter(pun intended).

So no "knife free" zone there....

Old 12-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10993 Times on 4760 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

Quote:
Who is going to know
You know that ranks right up there with "Hold my beer and watch this...." ?
People Like This 
Old 12-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #14

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Just so you guys understand- unlike private property that under STATE laws must post given signage, a Post Office is a Federal facility, they do NOT have to post any signs, and carrying there is ILLEGAL under most circumstances.

And if I WERE contemplating breaking a Federal law, I damn sure would not be posting said intent on an open forum.
Plus when you break the law no matter how good your intentions might be you lowering yourself to the level of a criminal. When you roll up to the post office and there is a dangerous crowd hanging around leave. Your mail will be there when the post office is open and the loiterers are gone.
danf_fl Likes This 
Old 12-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Federal Regulations – Title 39 – which is named “Conduct on Postal Property” says “No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.”

Your PO Box is on postal property. Come to think of it, you will probably park on postal property, too.

Last edited by Doc3402; 12-23-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8242 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9488

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesaver View Post
So I know the Post Office has the "Gun Free" paper posted on the bulletin board. So hypothetically you go into a post office,(the office lines are locked up),and it has 24 hour box access. Now the post office is in a local area and street that isn't exactly the most "crime free" area. Do you carry concealed, walk in, get your key out, get your mail, and walk back to your vehicle knowing that you could be arrested for carrying on P O prperty, or do you take the chance on the criminals all knowing that you will not be armed going into get your mail at 11pm?

Of course only politically correct answers please...
Good question, my answer is move somewhere that you dont have to worry about that! If thats out in the boonies, you might actually get the additional bonus of delivery to your mailbox (not likely a Gun Free Zone unless you make it one)!

Soldiers stay in war zones because they have orders, citizens not in our military dont have to stay places where people act like animals! Move away from the city and move somewhere that you can pee off the deck without attracting attention, less stress is better!
eatmydust Likes This 
Old 12-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2922 Times on 1720 Posts

I've always thought this was stupid. Especially when I was working. I'd have to park at the gas station across the street and unload and lock my gun up. Then grab the other six guns in the car and head into the post office. Never made much sense to me.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Good question, my answer is move somewhere that you dont have to worry about that! If thats out in the boonies, you might actually get the additional bonus of delivery to your mailbox (not likely a Gun Free Zone unless you make it one)!

Soldiers stay in war zones because they have orders, citizens not in our military dont have to stay places where people act like animals! Move away from the city and move somewhere that you can pee off the deck without attracting attention, less stress is better!
*sigh* If only it was that easy. Eventually that's my goal, but there is a lot of stuff that has to go right first.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #19

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

The people that want to disarm us look at conversations like this and see, they won't even go check the mail without a gun, they are willing to risk federal prosecution, possible jail time, a felony record which would strip them of their right to carry/own a gun to check mail..
While this may sound or feel like a patriotic thing, to everyone else it sounds like un warranted risk.
Then to too it off, we have a respected member of our own community in C3Shooter telling you this is a bad Idea and an even worse idea to post about in an open to anyone forum.. Yet here we are, proving them right..

Guys, ladies.. Do what you wanna do, but at least be smart about it, your actions reflect on others.
This is a kin to pot smokers posting pictures of weed in social media... They are getting busted behind that.. Do you not think once LE gets the green light they won't do the same thing to gun owners.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #20

Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

You may walk in with your weapon and your concealed carry permit...but when you walk out you may only have handcuffs instead.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!