Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Post Office Carry at 11pm with 24 hr box access.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Post Office Carry at 11pm with 24 hr box access.

So I know the Post Office has the "Gun Free" paper posted on the bulletin board. So hypothetically you go into a post office,(the office lines are locked up),and it has 24 hour box access. Now the post office is in a local area and street that isn't exactly the most "crime free" area. Do you carry concealed, walk in, get your key out, get your mail, and walk back to your vehicle knowing that you could be arrested for carrying on P O prperty, or do you take the chance on the criminals all knowing that you will not be armed going into get your mail at 11pm?

Of course only politically correct answers please...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2513 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1389

"I have no idea what your talking about!"
"Oh, I guess I forgot, I keep it with me all the time."
"No sir, that's my wallet in my pocket."
"Well, I didn't want to leave it in the car, since carjackings happen regularly around here!"

I think you get my gist!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #3

Liked 1670 Times on 943 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

I do not carry into a post office. I mentioned it to a friend of mine that is a sheriff's deputy. I was showing him a under seat safe I had mounted in my truck. I told him it was for when I go to the post office. He thought it was foolish for me to leave it in the car. But I figure he wont be the one arresting me for it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1435 Times on 999 Posts
Likes Given: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesaver View Post
So I know the Post Office has the "Gun Free" paper posted on the bulletin board. So hypothetically you go into a post office,(the office lines are locked up),and it has 24 hour box access. Now the post office is in a local area and street that isn't exactly the most "crime free" area. Do you carry concealed, walk in, get your key out, get your mail, and walk back to your vehicle knowing that you could be arrested for carrying on P O prperty, or do you take the chance on the criminals all knowing that you will not be armed going into get your mail at 11pm?

Of course only politically correct answers please...
You know the PC answer, why bother asking. It is a federal property, and the owner said no. But if need be, ever, you know the saying - better be judged by 12...

Last edited by Mercator; 12-22-2013 at 09:50 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Kind of on topic---my local post office used to have the "no gun" stickers several places,
as well as a 8 1/2 x 11 no weapons notice in at least two places. They have all been gone
for a good six months. The only mention of weapons is the "what you can't ship" poster on
a bulletin board by the counter.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #6

Liked 49 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 138

I am in and out of several post offices around my area. Most of them have the "No Gun" sign plastered everywhere. However, one of the facilities has it on the door entering the actual "store" area and does NOT have it on the general entrance door to get to the P.O. Boxes.

I thought this was interesting since they are all federally controlled facilities. And to answer the question, No, I honestly don't carry inside because the P.O.'s I go to are generally in decent areas. If I thought it was prudent to do so in a given situation, I would carry.

RJ

Old 12-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Criminals can't bring a gun the post office. They have a no guns allowed sign up. Right?

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2004 Times on 1088 Posts
Likes Given: 723

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1293

Just so you guys understand- unlike private property that under STATE laws must post given signage, a Post Office is a Federal facility, they do NOT have to post any signs, and carrying there is ILLEGAL under most circumstances.

And if I WERE contemplating breaking a Federal law, I damn sure would not be posting said intent on an open forum.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 12-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 294 Posts

Who is going to know if you go into the post office for two mins, with a gun . If it's concealed no one will ever know.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"