is it possible to buy used glock for 200$ at gunshow??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > is it possible to buy used glock for 200$ at gunshow???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21202 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
These days I would think you would be lucky to find a High Point for $200. Everything is through the roof around here. If I did find a Glock for $200 I would probably not buy it. I would figure it is stolen or damaged.
i agree. if you bought a defective or stolen gun at a gun show, you have no way of being able to check it out. buying one used at a gun store or pawn shop, at least you know it's not stolen and you can see if they have a return policy if it's defective.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #12

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Not sure if you could get a Glock for $200, but if you look hard enough you might find a box of ammo for that price!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 204 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 12

$200 Glock? No. Even before the recent craziness the cheapest Glocks around here were
2nd Gen police trade-in mdl. 22's and a few 19's and 17's, and they went for $350.

If you only have $200 and need a SD gun, maybe a revolver? They don't seem to have suffered
the price inflation of semi-autos. It's entirely possible that a good solid (but maybe not too
pretty) S&W model 10 can be had for under 200. About the only semi's I can think of that
might get in that price range are Hi-Point and MAYBE a used Makarov.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #14

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

I've been talking with a good friend at work about this, and I just want to convey the same thing to you that I pleaded to him:

A gun is a serious investment. I know that sounds cliche and cheeky, but it's true. A financial investment? Sure, it can be. Look at how much gun prices have soared in the last 6 months.

But it's more of an investment in your life and a passion that'll bite you once and have you hooked forever.

Don't sell yourself short now due to impatience. Take that $200.00, shove it in a coffee can, and add to it every single day. Every time you pick up a dime off the ground, throw it in the damn coffee can.

Save up that $$ and buy yourself a quality firearm. Not only because you get what you pay for, and you life may one day depend on it, but because you don't want to look back on your purchase with regret.

$200.00 on a glock? If someone parts w/ their Glock for that price, there's a reason for it, and the only reason can be that it's toast and not worth firing...potentially dangerous.

And you don't want that.

People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #15

Liked 1795 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 1175

If you need a gun now...and saving up is not an option, I would look at High Point. In my opinion, that is the only semi-auto on the market in the $200 range that is not total crap. They are actually pretty good guns. They are not pretty. But they will get the job done. If a revolver would work you could look at the EAA Windicator. You could buy a new one for just a little over $200. I had one. I even carried the Windicator for a while. It was just heavy. But it was a very good gun.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 06-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #16

Liked 2107 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Cheapest Glock I picked up was a police trade in with a lot of wear for $275 about 7 years ago. Only reason I got that price is because a couple friends agreed to buy one also, so we got a multiple-gun discount. Too mine to the Glock factory in Georgia, and they went through it and replaced all the moving parts for free and made sure it was in good working order.

Wouldn't expect to find too many deals better than that.