Pop and no kick on a Bersa 380 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Pop and no kick on a Bersa 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Dont use a cleaning rod. Use a wooden dowel about .3inch diameter. Cleaning rod is too small for anything but a .22 for pushing a stuck bullet. It can bend and jam in the bore.

Try gently tapping from the muzzle as it may just barely be in the grooves. If gentle taps dont cut it gotta beat it out from the rear. Since the bersa barrel is attached to the frame with pins you want to do this without putting pressure on the frame.

I would rest the muzzle down on a wood surface and pound till the bullet is at the crown then turn it upside down and smack the dowel on the table top using the barrel as your grip. If you hold the frame to do this you can shear the pins holding the barrel in from the odd torque you would enforce on it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 255 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I had a Sgt who was just getting into reloading his 44. I got a couple boxes really cheap but never got around to using them until I left the service.

My first box had a squb that barely made it into the barrel. I was able to hammer,it out w cleaning rod but I always wondered if it did any damage. Ruger single actions are hard to hurt but I didn't fire any more of his ammo. I understand now, this is a common problem w reloads but I pretty pissed off at the time.

I'll have to buy a wooden dowel before I try another box.